Aeromexico Embraer 190 crash lands after T/O ??

Kip Powick

Limited news at this time...possibly no deaths...the one photo shows wheel marks going through a field...

(CNN)No deaths have been reported in the accident involving an Aeromexico plane Tuesday in Durango, Mexico, according to the state's governor José R. Aispuro.

Ninety-seven passengers and four crew were on board the Embraer 190 aircraft, said the country's Transportation Minister Gerardo Ruiz Esparza.
Aeromexico said it was aware of the accident involving one of its planes flying from Durango to Mexico City. The accident happened close to Guadalupe Victoria International Airport in Durango, said the airport, which is now closed.

ScreenShot002.jpg.18712a653e2856744ba11595d4272e81.jpgScreenShot003.jpg.dbf28b1b5fbfddb76a148dee9221732f.jpg

possible wheel tracks ???

Airliner crashes in Durango after take-off in Mexico

Photo of wreckage of a plane crash in Durango, 31 July 2018Image copyright Protección Civil Durango/Twitter Image caption The plane was destined for Mexico City, and had 97 passengers and four crew aboard

A plane has crashed in the capital of Mexico's Durango state, television images show, with the state governor confirming nobody was killed.

Governor José Aispuro tweeted that there were no deaths among the 97 passengers and four crew aboard, although there were injuries.

Aeroméxico flight AM2431 was flying from Guadalupe Victoria International Airport to Mexico City.

The crash happened 10km (six miles) from the airport just after take-off.

Governor Aispuro said witnesses told him there was a "bang", before the Embraer 190 fell to the ground without warning at around 16:00 local time (21:00 GMT).

On the scene reports say passengers were seen walking to a nearby road to seek help.

The governor said all health care bodies in the state were on alert to take care of the injured.

Emergency services are at the scene, with footage showing smoke billowing from the aircraft, an Embraer 190.

9 minutes ago, rudder said:

Airplane was clearly airborne. Interesting that a possible engine failure event resulted in a total hull loss. Also hearing authorities are talking about possible wind shear.

What makes you say that ??

Did you read what info they have on AVHerald ??

1 minute ago, Kip Powick said:

What makes you say that ??

Did you read what info they have on AVHerald ??

Fair enough. Picture above identifies both detached engines as resting on the runway. Avherald video clearly shows both engines off the runway to the left.

My WAG....?

Loss of engine due to internal engine failure......at what V factor ????? If after V1 then  perhaps it was so close to V1 that someone decided to keep going where as the other soul decided to attempt a reject and a bit of confusion ensued...... and the bird became a lawn mower.

I'm sure the CVR   will have the facts and the investigation team will give us all the "hot scoop".

7 minutes ago, rudder said:

Fair enough. Picture above identifies both detached engines as resting on the runway. Avherald video clearly shows both engines off the runway to the left.

Indeed, but one person  comments that after watching the video  on AVHerald  it is one engine in two parts ???  Hard to figure as the "engine parts?"  are out on the grass in the video and not easy to ascertain if it is one engine or  actually both engines, maybe one ripped off when the "accordng to one witness" the wing touched the ground...

Only time will tell I guess.....

Looks to me like they transition from moderate rain into heavy rain, get airborne and then as they exit the heavy rain the aircraft descends into the ground.  I can't see or hear any evidence of an engine failure so, microburst?  A decreasing performance wind shear exiting the microburst.

Any chance the takeoff was attempted just as a storm related front crossed the field?

If that had happened the headwind component would have reversed to become a tailwind and the aircraft would never be capable of accelerating to Vr on the runway remaining.

31 minutes ago, DEFCON said:

Any chance the takeoff was attempted just as a storm related front crossed the field?

If that had happened the headwind component would have reversed to become a tailwind and the aircraft would never be capable of accelerating to Vr on the runway remaining.

Aaah, that's exactly what I said in my post two above yours.  Except I believe the aircraft got airborne and settled back onto the runway.

Archived