Red Props

15 hours ago, blues deville said:

Ah. Didn't know they used them. Thanks! 

Unfortunately they aren't used enough.  Porter is quite diligent though in using theirs from what I've seen.

It took 2 deice crews at this base over 1h40min to clean this airplane up.  Props can be sprayed with low pressure only (or deiced by hand with mops or whatever).  Covers would have saved significant time and money.  And yes this was forecast to happen precisely.

blues what I suspect you might've seen is an airplane that was brought over from the hangar where mx crews probably had it covered up.  I saw it too (YYZ gate 110).

9569.JPG

CLICK - MIC 01......"Not a problem, we just add 10 kts to the T/O speed...disregard the shuddering the props will fling that stuff off when they whirl around really fast and you will hear a bit of noise on the fuselage from the 'flinging' ice but that is no biggy and all the that other light ice will blow off when we go even faster........

CLICK- MIC 2...... HOLY CRA-...........end of recording.............. 

On 2017-03-15 at 10:38 AM, boestar said:

Jazz is very dilligent in applying the covers.

I disagree boestar.  If there's a procedure in place that requires this to be done, the contracted outstation handlers aren't following it.  And I'll point out that the picture posted is at a "mini-hub" complete with our own ground-handlers and line maintenance.  And again, that was forecast to happen...

Nothing diligent there.

Archived