Crop Circle Found Near Claremont?

Mitch Cronin

A friend of mine just posted it on Facebook, so I think it's recent.... no idea though.... I told him if he could let me know where it was I'd try to fix that airplane for them... That slash doesn't belong there! :)

The photograph depicts the artist as Heather Rigby, known as an " interdisciplinary artist" and also indicates a group known as landoverlanding, a group dedicated to opposing plans for a Pickering Airport

The link I have added is a link to the only thing I can find where she participated in a "crop-circle" exercise.

I am leaning toward a Photoshop photo because I can not find actual accreditation on the artists website or the landoverlanding website,

http://www.landoverlandings.com/links.html

give me a second and I'll see if I can find the link the photo came from.....

Here it is... : http://www.nowtoronto.com/news/story.cfm?content=196525

The 'photo' is not even mentioned in the article so I would assume it was 'crafted' to fit the story, the international symbol of a circle with a slash through something that should not be done...(No Airport here)

Kinda looks like Mitch's farm, out there near Croninville. Except he likes airplanes, so it can't be... and there's no dogs visible...

So what's the latest on when the GTAA is commencing construction on the new airport?

Even before the announcement I had been given the strong impression the Toronto Port Authority might be the operator. At the time of last summer's announcement the only comment from the GTAA was "The GTAA does not have any commitment with the federal government to build the airport."

Something is not right about this but I can't figure out what it is. Check out this image taken from the link in Kip's post #4 in the thread. The details are so close between the graphic and the supposed planting; look at the engine nacelles, the outside ones extend past the trailing edge but the two inside ones do not. There are even small wing fences for the end of the wing and the tail is the exact same shape. I find it hard to believe that someone would be able to, or even try to, copy those minute details. I have looked closely at the first photo though and it looks so perfect in the field, even the shadows appear correct.

post-349-0-78936700-1391987455_thumb.jpg

I was wrong...it is not Photo Shop...it was a work designed by Heather Rigby and produced for the anti airport folks, (LandOverLandings), o by ploughing and planting............................

http://www.davidpickles.com/recent_news.shtml

This is artist Heather Rigby's work, produced on the Federal Lands. The symbol is 30 metres wide, created with the help of local farmer and Land Over Landings member Ron Tapscott, who did the initial ploughing and planting. Our team of volunteers did the subsequent mowing and raking.

Huge thanks to Heather, and to Michael Robertson of High Perspective Hang Gliding Club, who offered his land as a canvas, and Club pilot Graziano Mele for the stunning aerial image. The message is clear: This is a NO FLY ZONE - except for hang gliders, paper airplanes, kites, and birds!

Are the hills around that area tall enough to be able to launch a hang glider?

Hang gliders can launch from a vehicle towing a trailer equipped with winch. I don't know if that's what happened here but I know a guy who flies hang gliders on the prairies.

Hang gliders can launch from a vehicle towing a trailer equipped with winch. I don't know if that's what happened here but I know a guy who flies hang gliders on the prairies.

Guys...uh...you are aware that there are self powered Hang Gliders...right??? They require just a short take-off distance on any field...no towing required. Some people call "Ultra Lites" Hang Gliders as well :blush:

Archived