AC makes emergency landing in YYZ

Kip Powick

(TorStar)

An Air Canada plane flying from Edmonton to Ottawa made a successful emergency landing after a potential mechanical problem was indicated with the plane’s flap.

Shortly after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, the flap indicator light went off in the pilot’s cabin. For safety precautions, the pilot decided to land in Toronto’s Pearson Airport. The plane’s 92 passengers are expected to board the next available flight.

(Nice to know that in the media world this incident trumps the screw-up with the Greek PM):glare:

"For safety precautions, the pilot decided to land in Toronto’s Pearson Airport"

I know YZ has more available in the way of long runways etc, but was the diversion more of an 'operational' type than one related to safety?

I know YZ has more available in the way of long runways etc, but was the diversion more of an 'operational' type than one related to safety?

Toronto would have been slightly closer than Ottawa which would have allowed slightly more fuel for the landing (although I really have no idea what the problem was - "the flap indicator light went off" ??? blink.gif???)

Better maintenance in YYZ perhaps? :scratchchin:

Not better maintenance, just superior equipment, no hangar here in YOW and no parts, the engineers are awesome especially the 767 guy Doc Boeing !!!:icon_super:

HEY! Ottawa is FULL of lazy clowns. Narrow your focus!!!

Ottawa is God's country, well except that green house gas spewing festering waste dump called parliament hill :whistling:

I knew you'd take the bait. That was easy! :icon_super:

How's your shoulder? How much time off work do you require for this little procedure? Not that you guys actually do any work....

I am being operated on November 9th, as per the Dr, a min of 6 months and likely longer. Torn Laburnum, 2 tears in the rotator, 3 flap in the cartilage on the scapula and the bicep tendon is badly frayed. It will be a long haul back to normal ( watch your mouth). :shhh:

I am being operated on November 9th, as per the Dr, a min of 6 months and likely longer. Torn Laburnum, 2 tears in the rotator, 3 flap in the cartilage on the scapula and the bicep tendon is badly frayed. It will be a long haul back to normal ( watch your mouth). :shhh:

Geez Robert, when you're in for a penny you go in for a pound! I wish you well with the procedure. Makes my little shoulder problem seem pretty whimpy by comparison. wink_smile.gif

Geez Robert, when you're in for a penny you go in for a pound! I wish you well with the procedure. Makes my little shoulder problem seem pretty whimpy by comparison. wink_smile.gif

LOL, my theory is, "go big or stay home"!!!! LOL

This is an old hockey injury that became worse as I aged. At this point it dislocates a few times a week and the strength is gone so it is time to get it fixed. Plus my wife just about hurls every time I rotate the arm as she can hear the grinding and popping that comes out of it.

Thanks for the good wishes!:Clap-Hands:

Archived