MiG or F86??

There's been a little, swept wing, dart rocketing around YYZ on occasion lately (today included) that I'm pretty sure is either a MiG something or other (15?), or a Sabre? .... does anyone know? .....and more to the point, has anyone got any pictures of that thing standing on it's wing at 100 ft while nipping around the tower? Every time he/she's done it, I hear it just in time to see it, but no way could I get a picture. .....it would make an awesome photo!

Michael Potter has his collection (30+ aircraft) in a museum in Gatineau. One of his collection is an F-86 in original Golden Hawk livery. Beautiful aircraft in impeccable shape!

Mitch, could you tell the colour of the bird you saw? I don't know if this one is his, but it looks just like his! (I found this pic at http://imageevent.com/publicgallery/carsandtransportation/windsorairshow2009000 )

post-16-127666386968_thumb.jpg

There is a an airworthy mig-17 that I've seen a couple of times in these parts. Very cool as it is the first Russian built fighter with an afterburner! I would bet it's the Sabre that you've seen though.

Was taxiing out last week, and had the pleasure of watching it fly overhead. Ground control said it was a Mig 15...

Somebody "jokingly" said the Russians are coming.

It's owned by a Air Canada pilot.

Jeff Lewis - great guy, Masters in Aeronautical Engineering from Cranfield, trader in airplanes and associated stuff. He owns both the Mig 15 and the L-29. He was in our FDA Program for a while. - Don

I couldn't see the colours, but if I remember my "Jane's" right, it was the MiG 15 that very much resembled the F-86... in silhouette ... I think this machine has a T-tail... the Sabre has a sort of mid-tail (what's that called?)

Anyway... Murray? you about? Surely one of you guys has a photo or two of that beautiful sight??? mcronin@sympatico.ca ...??? Please??? :thumbup:

Guest woxof

As far as I know, the MiG is kept in a hangar in YYZ. I believe the pilot is an Embraer guy with lots of previous 737 experience. Or so he told me.

Archived