Photo Book Help

Kip Powick

Has anyone used a particular company to make a "Photo Book" and if so were you happy with the quality of the finished product??

I am in the process of trying to figure out which company to use as I want to "dump" multi hundreds of photos out of my computers so the rest of the family and friends can see them in book style.

Any help/hints appreciated. smile.gif

Kip;

http://www.mypublisher.com/

Superb quality, timely delivery, great price, easy interactive software to use.

Some limitations in terms of formatting text but not significant.

Excellent for all occasions - my wife put a book together for my retirement - photos, comments, including all the abusive ones - scan old photos as jpgs - it's all done online. We've made several since, for friends' special occasions etc.

Good luck!

Don

Here are a few to look at to get you started.

The iPhoto one needs a Mac of course.

You might try a search to get opinions of the quality of the paper and layout options available.

IMO it is a really good idea to print some of the stuff you think your family might be interested in down the road.

There is a quote from somewhere that goes, "We may well be the most recorded generations that leave very little trace".

Digits can be very fragile.

www.shutterfly.com

www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/print-products.html

www.mypublisher.com/

www.blurb.com/create/book/photobook

www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/category.jsp?catId=Books

We've used Apple iPhoto for several years of Christmas presents & gifts. Not real inexpensive but top quality results.

Kids put together a 30th anniversary 'coffee table' gift book and everyone who has seen it has been impressed.

If you are interested I'd suggest you try out a small 'last vacation' booklet and see how you like the results before committing to something larger.

I thought this was an aviation forum !

You obviously haven't been here long then. laugh.gif

As has been pointed out many many times before it is an aviation employee forum.

Even (most) aviators have more than one dimension.

Archived