Westjet and YYC Airport Authority in Doo-doo

Interesting, It seems that whenever something really bad for AC is looming (GECAS) another terrible thing that has been done against them is rolled out? I wonder if they declined the police again?

Is it me or just my paranoia?

I dunno about paranoia Maverick, but what's been looming for AC hasn't (in my mind) been so much the occasional uncertain pieces of the puzzle (such as GECAS), as it has been the entire process since April 03...

If deflection is a part of someone's tactics, I don't think you need to worry. You guys have your stuff together pretty good, and there's precious little anyone at AC could do to make your company look bad... Even if all the recent allegations turn out to be true I think it's unlikely to hurt you much, if at all... This latest one doesn't make you guys look bad, it makes the guy who sent the fax look somewhat biased (understandable given his location).... and perhaps unethical.

... and I agree with Mike... I've never met a disgruntled WJ employee. Though I imagine there are morons with blinders on at any company.

Cheers,

Guest mmcrae

Interesting, It seems that whenever something really bad for AC is looming (GECAS) another terrible thing that has been done against them is rolled out? I wonder if they declined the police again?

Maverick, I think it is you biggrin.gif

Does this mean there are lots of incidents like this for AC to find???? wink.gif

Guest Flapsthirty

Well! This kind of informaton could bring down Air Canada. How dare anyone qoute publically avialable statistics. In a Fax yet! ohmy.gif This electronic spying thing is too much. GCAS must be close to pulling their funding, deflect, deflect.

Cheers smile.gif

I can see how forward looking information on a private forum can be unethical but how can historical numbers be considered confidential with so many ways to find them? Oh, and for the record, the AC employee website can hardly be considered private when everyone and there dog has a password. blink.gif Just thought I would try a smiley, kinda looks like me on a ride...

From Open Jaw

Ivanna gab alot.

Excuse me, dahrlings, but…

The Plot ThickensOooh, Puppies, don’t you just love a controversy! Espionage, lawsuits, secret faxes.

Air Canada looks like the little dutch boy shoving all his fingers into a leaky dyke. Competitive info about the carrier keeps gushing into WestJet’s receptive arms. First the whole website debacle, and now the President of the Calgary Airport is faxing WestJet details about AC’s traffic.

All’s fair in love and war?

So you ask yourself, why would the president of an airport hand over proprietary information about AC to WestJet? Not very presidential behaviour. Not too smart for that matter. One should never leave a trail, Pumpkins. You want to avoid that sinking feeling that comes with clicking ‘send’ and realizing, a millisecond too late, that an abusive e-mail is cyber-soaring its way straight back to the object of the rant. Oops. They really ought to make the ‘forward’ button in a different shade than ‘reply’.

As if a handwritten fax isn’t incriminating enough, airport pres Garth Atkinson adds a note at the bottom: “And you didn’t hear this from me!”. Ouch Garth. And I didn’t write this column. biggrin.gif

Maybe if AC had spent a little more energy over the years towards making friends instead of making enemies people wouldn't be so quick to aid AC's enemies.

smile.gif

GTFA

Maybe if AC had spent a little more energy over the years towards making friends instead of making enemies people wouldn't be so quick to aid AC's enemies.

smile.gif

GTFA

Yes, maybe they shouldn't have protested as loudly about exhorbitant fee increases. Maybe they should have complemented the airport authorities for their wasteful and redundant capital spending and for raising the AIFs to the limit of customer tolerance. Maybe they should have thrown more parties and hauled these fat cats around the world for free.

Guest Stargazer

Maybe AC has a mole within WestJet? That could explain their sudden enlightenment. unsure.gif

Guest long keel

smile.gif

GTFA

You are so right. AC should have been bribing for favours, and saying thanks for the cost increases.

I guess you favour a government system from the 3'rd world. Your statement reminds me of a man asking a proper lady if she would have sex with him for money. Agast she declines and says shes a lady! He says he will pay a million for just one night. She pauses and says "well thats different." To which he replies, "we've now established that you are a prosititute, so lets get down to bargaining ."

One should not need to be paid favours to act within the laws of Canada. I hope this YYC **bleep** is sued back into poverty. I am sick of the "if you were nicer" crap justifying it ok to go outside the law. You by defending it expose your own moral compass. mad.gif Pathetic!

Dagger,

What I was trying to get at was, why does everybody love to hate AC?

Why did people Love Cndn? Why do people Love WJ? Why did people Love Wardair? Why do people Love Virgin Airlines? Why did people love PanAm? Why do people Love SouthWest?? Qantas, Cathay, BA(well, maybe not so much any more)

It's the people Dagger, the people! The people that work at AC, the people that run AC the people that service and supply AC! Yah Man, we're the best and the brightest! We got the best airplanes, the best service, the best airports, the best careers the best contracts... and you're going to like us whether you like it or not!

The people that buy tickets on AC. The only ones we ever hear from (media etc.) are the ones who are pi$$ed off and will never fly AC again for one reason or another. Where are all our satisfied customers and why aren't they speaking out in the public forum, not this one, and in Parliament to say what a great airline it is and how the country should be rallying around their premier carrier!!!???

Why is everyone so quick to take a kick at AC?

If AC had spent more time and effort making friends than making enemies over the years...

That's what I meant. It's all about building relationships with your clients and your community. Whateve AC has done, I know it seems plenty, just doesn't seem to be paying off.

sad.gif

GTFA

Guest Hadrian

What I was trying to get at was, why does everybody love to hate AC?

Why did people Love Cndn? Why do people Love WJ? Why did people Love Wardair? Why do people Love Virgin Airlines? Why did people love PanAm? Why do people Love SouthWest?? Qantas, Cathay, BA(well, maybe not so much any more)

I'm not Dagger, but I'll take a dig at it.

Why do all of these foreign countries hate the USA? Why do all the easterners in Canada and good chunk of the rest of Canada hate the US? Why do some jackasses in Montreal boo the Star Spanklled Banner?

It's the same reason as why people hate the AC. People can stand the top dog, and will do whatever to try bring'em down. Usually it petty jealousy and envy and their need to feel opressed by someone. Botttom line, most people are uneducated morons who don't know any better, just pure mob mentality hate of the powerful.

Not a scientific explanation, but it's true.

Guest acyyc

I think its great that AC is finally fighting back. IMO they sat back and let Clive take his shots far to long. Even when WS is making money he is spouting off that he didn't make enough money because of AC. If this was the other way around he would be on the first flight to the competition bureau. Good for AC.

Guest 06L06R

Man, they way I see it Air Canada must be the best competitor. They always have underhanded things done to them, and they have never done anything that would raise an eyebrow to anyone else. What a great management team. The more I hear the more desperate Milton sounds. Good luck to all AC employees.

I'm not Dagger, but I'll take a dig at it.

Why do all of these foreign countries hate the USA? Why do all the easterners in Canada and good chunk of the rest of Canada hate the US? Why do some jackasses in Montreal boo the Star Spanklled Banner?

It's the same reason as why people hate the AC. People can stand the top dog, and will do whatever to try bring'em down. Usually it petty jealousy and envy and their need to feel opressed by someone. Botttom line, most people are uneducated morons who don't know any better, just pure mob mentality hate of the powerful.

Not a scientific explanation, but it's true.

Thanks Hadrian,

I can only assume by your response, well partly your response and mostly my sceptisism, that you are an AC employee?

The best thing that I can think of about AC is their potential to be so much more!

GTFA

Guest Hadrian

I can only assume by your response, well partly your response and mostly my sceptisism, that you are an AC employee?

The best thing that I can think of about AC is their potential to be so much more

Well actually, no; I have never had anything to do with any airline. Well, I did nail a flight attendant once, but who hasn't. (j/k) I'm a US Marine Corps. officer, I just happened upon this board while trying to locate a specific person (who worked at AC).

Guest mmcrae

Well actually, no; I have never had anything to do with any airline. Well, I did nail a flight attendant once, but who hasn't. (j/k) I'm a US Marine Corps. officer, I just happened upon this board while trying to locate a specific person (who worked at AC).

So what do you do for the Marines. Ground, air or ??? Welcome to this forum....

Archived