AO/AC Lawsuit

Guest fatshaft

Guest fatshaft

Today I had a chance to speak with one of the plaintiff group reps. I guess things are going to really start heating up later this fall. He mentioned that they're looking for a copy of an article that appeared in a long past issue of the ACPA Journal. The article was authored by one of today's ACPA executive and the story itself was a parody of sorts whereby the author described himself and friends as standing atop a hill and looking down upon a field of battle, littered with the slaughtered enemy. Apparently, this battle story was a representation of the defeat of the connector group in the "Picher" arbitration. Anyway, they're looking for a copy and I thought someone here might have it and could forward it accordingly.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without giving away any - secrets - Whadya make of the few words to that regard in today's MEC message? Pretty vague I'd say.

If you feel more comfortable, start a chat over on the ezboard or email me.

BTW, A war IS looming. It will arrive, imo, unless peace gets there first.. Still find it a little bizarre that 30 guys speak for about 3700 or so. That’s a lot of freakin grass for such little root structure.

Whats up with that?..

I thought the few words were the most positive comment on this topic that I've heard in years.

Now whether the majority of us )on both sides of the DMZ) are paying attention or care is another matter..

I would like the grass to be consulted on this topic though...

Cheers Chico

I thought the few words were the most positive comment on this topic that I've heard in years.

Now whether the majority of us (on both sides of the DMZ) are paying attention or care is another matter..

I would like the grass to be consulted on this topic though...

Cheers Chico

So what do you want to do??? Bring 3700 people to a round table for discussion???

BTW. The war is not going to be between pilot groups. It's going to be the employees against the investors!!!!!

Let's get it together folks!

We've got work to do.

GTFA

" So what do you want to do??? Bring 3700 people to a round table for discussion???"

GFTA,

We have WAWCONs and IVRs for almost every other important issue facing the association. Make no mistake, the relationship with our regional brothers and sisters is important. I think it is important to them and to us, for many reasons.

So what would I do? I would start with gauging the feeling. I would put pressure where pressure needs application. I would be transparent in my dealings, offering all information to all pilots, I would demand that the pilots be responsible for the direction the situation takes..

NOT, save for a few bulletins re the CE suit and two obscure lines in a written memo since 1996 – for me, that just doesn't cut it and there is a lot of real estate between that and a round table discussion. As well, the history of this challenge and the involvement of its combatants, does not fit my own description of grassroots. With all due respect.

I agree with your last two lines, I think Buzz2 says it pretty well down below as well.

cheers

Guest HPT-TOUR

Lots of copies of that one around, some of those clowns would put their name to anything, like all the letters sent into head office from acpa guys trying to screw us,(oh Hollis I`ll do whatever you say) to the minutes of meeting`s between acpa and management that have been subpoena to our lawyers... and of course the solidarity document, it all makes for some interesting reading I suppose. As RB claims the best and the brightest.

I think we need to talk...

Chico, what do you think our MEC have been trying to do. As far as I understand it overtures have been made by the ALPA side to do just that, only to be met with apparent total disinterest by ACPA.

What has happened that all of a sudden, ACPA sees the need to mend fences?.

First off since I am but one ACPA member and I say that I think we need to talk it means just that.

I leave it to the movers and shakers to find a way to get the dialogue started. All I'm saying is that I favour talk.

I also think that the withdrawal of the AO lawsuit is an unconditional prerequisite to such discussion. Just my $.02

Guest Rob Assaf

"I also think that the withdrawal of the AO lawsuit is an unconditional prerequisite to such discussion."

That's a WHOLE lotta weight being given to a nusiance lawsuit. On the other hand, the lawsuit could go away if ACPA decided to settle out of court ;) OK everyone, breathe deep, that was a joke! ha ha, over.

Funny but I don't feel the panicky need to talk on a union to union, personally speaking, but if it could be done it would be nice. I certainly wouldn't advocate selling any farms or sections of the farm over the idea though.

JMHO though, Rob

A joke ha ha I get it (wiping tear from eye and ROTFL). Whether its a nuisance or not it still IS!

Hard to believe we agree Rob (well maybe not that hard):)

The basis of any discussion must be a mutual interest and a mutual benefit. There are things that could be mutually beneficial to both parties.

Talk they say is cheap but considering that its one of the few things we MIGHT be able to afford these days.

A joke ha ha I get it (wiping tear from eye and ROTFL). Whether its a nuisance or not it still IS!

The basis of any discussion must be a mutual interest and a mutual benefit. There are things that could be mutually beneficial to both parties.

Talk they say is cheap but considering that its one of the few things we MIGHT be able to afford these days.

Yup...just can't seem to get it out of the way so we can all move ahead......many ACPA members want to talk but can't as long as it is still hanging around....

"What has happened that all of a sudden, ACPA sees the need to mend fences?.

I wouldn't get to too excited about ACPAs need to mend fences, I also would not consider the status quo continuing as a victory for anyone except the shareholders perhaps.

I don't know what your MEC has been trying to do. As with our MEC, those are all secrets that the common folk, the dues payers, are not privy to, at least not ACPA dues payers.. For all intent and purpose, I do not see a real difference in the way the two MECs operate, at least it is not obvious to me. Seems both groups get the same watered down and washed rhetoric.

Do you have any substantive and demonstrable proof of what your MEC has proposed and how the ACPA MEC has responded? Are you getting what you pay for or are you just getting the same watered down, washed and selective illumination of someone's agenda – someone's, just not yours? Can you clear it up for me please?

Like the man said, I think we need to talk.

cheers

Archived