AO/AC Lawsuit

Guest fatshaft

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine a situation where ALL Jazz pilots could flow into mainline AC. Roughly half the current AC pilots will be retired within 10 years. Move the whole Jazz seniority list onto the AC list within 10 years. I daresay there is something in this for most Jazz pilots.

If you think so then do something to make it happen.

This whole argument is academic for me by the way.

Chico

Guest The Gapper

So how will this affect you now, everyone at AC that was hired this century is getting laid off for who knows how long, what is happening to the CRA guy's who made last dash to Canadian? Probably not good things. Yes movement and progression is slow but how would any agreement change the position you are in right now? If anything it would make it worse ie jets for jobs down south.

The lawsuit is not going away(it's just getting interesting), deal with it, just like the fact that Canada is a small market with way to many pilots.

PS Based on your staring salary/pitance at CRA you've received an 8% annual raise. Pretty good by most contract standards, maybe you/I shouldn't have started so low

Guest The Gapper

So how will this affect you now, everyone at AC that was hired this century is getting laid off for who knows how long, what is happening to the CRA guy's who made last dash to Canadian? Probably not good things. Yes movement and progression is slow but how would any agreement change the position you are in right now? If anything it would make it worse ie jets for jobs down south.

The lawsuit is not going away(it's just getting interesting), deal with it, just like the fact that Canada is a small market with way to many pilots.

PS Based on your staring salary/pitance at CRA you've received an 8% annual raise. Pretty good by most contract standards, maybe you/I shouldn't have started so low

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, sorry I won't be able to do it justice..

In the end, you may be completely correct. As you say, time will tell. One of the many things you and I have in common is that we are both better off with a resolution.

Hope you enjoyed the race

When ACPA's policies and behavior finally kills the goose that lays the golden egg will you then claim that those of the acpa executive where acting in a manner that wasn't consistent with the interests and expectations of the union membership? Will you sue the MEC members as an individual for the harm they will have caused you?

BTW, if the facts were as you claim "As I recall, those groups that did not represent the majority of CALPA's members forced the agenda......"; why then didn't the politically oppressed membership simply remove the rouge MEC with "Petition Recall" proceedings?

"A lot of us feel we are the victims of the fight that has gone on over the years with no solution in site"

In actual fact you and those in your situation are the unfortunate victims of unrealistic expectations. The industry never ever moved as quickly as it did through the 95 - 01 period. Consequently, one would have expected Newton's third law to come into play just as it has.

Archived