Lockdown Distractions

deicer

I'm still trying to figure out why people line up for an hour or more just for the privilege of shopping at Costco. I can get everything I need at other stores or online without lining up.

10 minutes ago, mo32a said:

I'm still trying to figure out why people line up for an hour or more just for the privilege of shopping at Costco. I can get everything I need at other stores or online without lining up.

I have a membership at Costco only because when I purchase travel from them, I get a great price along with some perks not offered by other travel agents (including a cheque at the end of the year based on my membership status). The only goods I line up for are: Macadamia nuts, super canned peanuts, other treats and some non grocery items on special. I don't find their prices to be any better than other grocery outlets in our area (who offer similar prices but don't insist on having to purchase large quantities).

12 minutes ago, mo32a said:

^I agree, but I'm not lining up for those things. In normal times I go to Costco maybe once or twice a month, now it's never.

So far the same for me.  Just south of us there is a smaller town with a Costco, that is where I normally shop (when I do at Costco), the majority of the residents commute into the bigger city every day, so around 11am, the small town Costco (in normal times) is a great place to shop and avoid any line ups.  

On 5/2/2020 at 12:25 AM, Kip Powick said:

This is real low level "flying".

I just don't understand why spectators stand so close to the  action....as you will see a few times in this video 

That is the thrill of watching Rally Driving.  You can't do that in Canada anymore they post barriers.  Unless you walk a couple of miles to a secluded spot.  In Europe you get right into the action, sometimes literally.  Its all about heart rate.

Interesting note when you watch the cars spew flames.

Years ago I worked for a guy that bullds Rally cars.  in order to reduce Turbo Lag they reprogram the ECU to inject fuel and spark on the EXHAUST stroke.  This keeps the exhaust pressure high and therefore keeps the turbo spinning.  Noisy as hell but fun to watch.

same as other business jets just bigger.  I have seen some pretty impressive interiors over the years.  Seen some god awful ones too