Sign in to follow this  
FireFox

Windowless Planes

Recommended Posts

It may be interesting if the close up resolution was decent...

 

In A Few Years, Windowless Planes Will Give Passengers A Panoramic View Of The Sky

 

They plan on eliminating windows all together and wrapping the interior walls of the plane with OLED screens that will display the skies from cameras mounted outside.

The OLED panels will provide a complete realistic view of the skies surrounding you, giving you a sense of flying without a vessel wrapped around you.

https://www.buzznick.com/windowless-plane/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=bn&utm_campaign=bn&fbclid=IwAR0oj03WOW9ntsneV3cTB99LAElB_RNW7NvhoaOmARNO-xJHWWL0pd91NZU

 

 

 

clear-plane-1.jpg

clear-plane-2-800x360.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a little bit of research would show that most people are nervous flyers or have a full blown fear. This group won’t be opting for a window seat. :(

Edited by blues deville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blues deville said:

I think a little bit of research would show that most people are nervous flyers or have a full blown fear. This group won’t be opting for a window seat. :(

This will scare the crap out of some flyers

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fido said:

This will scare the crap out of some flyers

Just imagine in the midst of a thunder storm or any other wild weather. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding a video screen to the entire interior of an aircraft would add unneccesary non-revenue weight which is the complete opposite idea behind the design of the 787’s and 350’s technologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the pictures, what is more concerning is that when the pilots go back to look at a wing, for whatever reason, it is not there !!!!!!5152.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kip Powick said:

Based on the pictures, what is more concerning is that when the pilots go back to look at a wing, for whatever reason, it is not there !!!!!!5152.gif

Maybe, just maybe there will be an app that the pilots can use to call up various camera views ? But I imagine that the program will be developed with no input from those in the pointy end. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$$$ to buy and $$$$$$$$$$ to maintain

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might look nice from the center of the aircraft but, when sitting right next to a screen, you'll have an actual field of view of only 1 or 2 degrees.  It's not like you'll be able look ahead towards the front of the aircraft if the pixels next to your window only show "9 o'clock" plus or minus a few seconds.

Edited by Say Again, Over!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Say Again, Over! said:

It might look nice from the center of the aircraft but, when sitting right next to a screen, you'll have an actual field of view of only 1 or 2 degrees.  It's not like you'll be able look ahead towards the front of the aircraft if the pixels next to your window only show "9 o'clock" plus or minus a few seconds.

The other consideration is the trade offs …. No windows (windows are sometimes very useful for Emergency crews when looking in for survivors) and then of course weight of the new display vs traditional windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this