Emirates Event

DEFCON

There's a story that's started to circulate regarding an event on an Emirates flight.

As it goes; the CSD, an Egyptian male was asked to stand by in the cockpit to allow the FO to attend to personal needs. Once the FO was gone and the door relocked the CSD attacked the Captain. During the maylay the Captain was able to hit the switch and unlock said door. The FO re-entered and together the two pilots were able to subdue the perp.

Alright, let me be a little bit more informative.

A retired airline pilot friend has a friend that fly's for Emirates ... hearsay yes, but there's the chain.

I guess the FA crowd hasn't heard anything yet, which means it must be fallacy then, eh UD?

11 hours ago, DEFCON said:

Alright, let me be a little bit more informative.

A retired airline pilot friend has a friend that fly's for Emirates ... hearsay yes, but there's the chain.

I guess the FA crowd hasn't heard anything yet, which means it must be fallacy then, eh UD?

Maybe it was a REALLY short haul flight? The Emirates flight I was on had a service manager ( rarely seen) and three or four service managers. They were constantly on the move supervising the upteen FA's. The flight crew were from Ontario ( it was a 380) as were many of the FA's. The point is.....there was NOT  a "CSD" but regardless of nomenclature, it would be hard for any cabin crew to engage in a mutinous act without that fact becoming local knowledge pretty damn quickly.

Defcon....the Captain on my flight knew you. You should ask him directly rather than rely upon a "retired pilot with an OAL with a friend.....( joking!)

Archived