Can anyone tell me anything real about

I've been trying to imagine if there's any meat in what Dagger says about AC employees getting better benefits than WJ employees... and I must admit, other than the difference between a pension that might be chopped to hell, and a share purchase arrangement that has their employer match the buy (if I've got that right?), I don't know.

I don't know what benefits WJ employees have? Do you have a dental plan? A medical plan? ... a disability insurance plan? ...What kind of holidays do you get, Maverick? ...sick time? .... Can you answer these things in public? unsure.gif

I've been trying to imagine if there's any meat in what Dagger says about AC employees getting better benefits than WJ employees... and I must admit, other than the difference between a pension that might be chopped to hell, and a share purchase arrangement that has their employer match the buy (if I've got that right?), I don't know.

I don't know what benefits WJ employees have? Do you have a dental plan? A medical plan? ... a disability insurance plan? ...What kind of holidays do you get, Maverick? ...sick time? .... Can you answer these things in public?  unsure.gif

Send Maverick a PM and ask him. I do know that there is no mid premium

We have a very mediocre benefits plan. 80% prescription, 80% dental (that is restricted to a 90's fee guide... so really its like 60%). 6 Year STD and LTD. What was at Jazz, pre-CCAA, Flightcraft, CRA, Pacific Coastal, was far better. Actually, every other benefits plan I've ever had has been far better than the benefits at WestJet.

We 'almost' had a better deal coming. A Flex Plan with Sunlife. However, we're on hold as its time to tighten our belts and the cost savings police got to that one. Its saving 1.3 million by waiting.

I'm disappointed but its not a huge amount of time to wait. I'd rather see the company get through the Economic Armageddon with minimal damage anyway.

Also to add, the one plus is that it is all 100% paid for by WestJet. You can upgrade from the really crappy paid plan to the crappy plan for a few extra bucks a month. Its generally viewed as not worth it, unless you need extensive dental work.

IAM members with AC get $60,000 life insurance, paid by the company. In addition, there is a voluntary plan for purchase of term life for very, very good rates. Depends on your age, but for example, a 45-49 year old pays $1.16 per $10,000 worth of insurance, up to a maximum of $200,000 coverage.

How about life insurance?

Does either company offer it? Both?

How much coverage does each provide?

ph34r.gif

Interesting question.

WJ offers nothing in that regard as a far as I know.

That seems like a pretty weak incentive to stick with a company that you feel is screwing you!

Dagger, I realize you do not work for AC but your posts are those of an AC Manager hoping to remind the masses of how good they have it.

I work for WJ. Not that there is anything wrong with that

But for a non AC employee you seem to have a very big axe to grind with all at AC.

To answer your original question Mitch...

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. rolleyes.gif

If it comes down to a $100, 000 of life insurance then I think you have your answer.

WJ pay is based on AC pay!!

We keep getting told that the numbers bringing us down is Jazz.

Who knows.

In the end you have to be happy where you are.

I am, I know you are.

Interesting times for sure.

I can send you particulars if want but it is all the same shite.

I like all the recognition that AMEs are getting on here lately.

WJ AMEs are feeling the pinch too.

Great company but little recognition for the grunts that work all night.

I had a FA flabbergasted that we work all night.

Employees receive 1.5 x annual earnings up to a max of 500,000 plus spousal and child coverage of 10,000 and 5000 respectively. There is an option to purchase additional coverage under group rates which are quite reasonable.

To answer your original question Mitch...

>>

In the end you have to be happy where you are.

I am, I know you are.

You're joking, right?

I was not being facetious.

I like working on airplanes.

I enjoy my days off.

There's always something to bitch about.

Not sure what you mean. ph34r.gif

Duster... I bought the max life about 4 years ago, quite cheap if I remember. So how much am I covered for total with the additional plus what our benefit plan covers? Just want to know if I'm over insured??

unsure.gif

Spin - not sure how you would be covered for cause I dont know what the max is -- as for too much insurance - you know you are over insured when you wife and kids start giving that cold speculative look

Lately I've sensed a funny taste in the morning cheerios, the metal detector at work is going off a lot more and I'm getting rash.

....and the piano has been drinking

and the bar stools are on fire

and ya can't find your waitress

and ya can't get along without her

and the piano has been drinking...

...wrong song? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Archived