The Drive for 5

J.O.

That boy belongs on the soccer field! It's too bad because he was excellent all through the rest of the tournament, but then again he didn't have a bunch of Canadian forwards in his face until tonight. Even Greg Louganis could take a few diving lessons from his performance tonight.

I've always enjoyed junior hockey more than the pros, and the world juniors is as good as it gets. Tonight didn't have the excitement of the Russian game but it sure was great to see them win.

For those critical of Pat Quinn: Boy, did he get it RIGHT!

For his self-confessed sin of maligning young players during his years in tenure in the NHL, his return to the roots of Canadian hockey has been spectacular.

For Gosh-Darn sakes Pat - stay away from the NHL!

Well done, young fellows!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

As a young hockey player I played in Sweden in a couple of tournaments once in 74, another time in 76 and without a doubt the most frustrating thing was the amount of dives they took. dry.gif I couldn't look sideways at a guy and he would be on the ice acting like he just got shot, mad.gif and I play goal. Now I know I had a bit of Billy Smith style, but only when I guy was crowding my net. biggrin.gif

Archived