Why does everyone seem so serious?

Mitch Cronin

?

Joan and Mitchy

were gettin' kinda bitchy

tryin' to keep a fish on the line

Watup folks? Why so .... ummm... ? .... so... serious?

Isn't life on this pale blue dot just worth a little more than letting it be a grind? Live a little... and lighten up. There. That's my advice for the day. Especially since you didn't ask. biggrin.gif

?

Joan and Mitchy

were gettin' kinda bitchy

tryin' to keep a fish on the line

Watup folks? Why so .... ummm... ? .... so... serious?

Isn't life on this pale blue dot just worth a little more than letting it be a grind? Live a little... and lighten up. There. That's my advice for the day. Especially since you didn't ask. biggrin.gif

The whole world's testy for some reason.

My doctor related to me how he, his wife and two kids flew from PDX to Toronto via Vancouver on Sunday. When they got to Vancouver, the flight was overbooked and the agents were looking for eight volunteers to fly in J on the next flight - 15 minutes later! But the people they were asking, started with their most recent bookings, were "surly" and dug their heals in, as if they didn't even want to hear the details of the offer. My doctor was off buying some sweets for the flight, but his wife saw this, ran to the counter, and though their booking was made back in the winter, volunteered the four of them. So they ended up flying in J, 15 minutes later, the kids had a blast with all the perks, Mom and Dad were happy, the flight gets in and the one bag they had checked onto the original flight was there waiting to them, so he figures that they walked out of Terminal 1 no more than five minutes later than they would have had they remained on the original flight!

Maybe the pinch is on and it's a new sensation for some huh.gif

I have always discussed with my friends that the 'newer' generation that is hooked into facebook, ipods, cellphones, and all those other wonderful things that doesn't have the social graces that came from the older generations.

Having said that, maybe it is a case that they don't know how to download stress by interacting with actual people and using conversation to pass ideas along.

Then it all bottles up inside and they explode.

Mitch, I guess that puts us in the fossil category wink.gif

Iceman cool.gif

Mitch;

Those who know the difference between Angst, and Fear can chill.

Those who haven't taught themselves or listened to the difference are unaware of always-and-forever obeying the "they" and are therefore always in tension. Angst is listening to oneself; Fear is listening to others.

Maybe we need to take more vacations. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I just came back from my annual fishing trip on a private lake(for those of you flight deck types who know Neil Kelly, it is his place on Crooked lake we go to every year), I am as content as content can be, the world is a wonderful and beautiful place, oh ya, the weather is great too. biggrin.gif

Hey Robert

Spent a week every summer at my cousins cottage at Melville beach in my youth. This summer we spent a night at Cedar Cove in a B&B. It's just a beautiful, peaceful lake. I couldn't believe the all the new year round homes being built. So much for the little cottages that I was used to where it didn't matter if you brought sand in or sat on the furniture in a wet bathing suit!

Archived