Ok WestJetters...

Some of you are starting to sound like students of the Danny Dog academy of Rah.

We know you've got a good thing... I don't want to be grinning when we start knocking you down some pegs... it'd help if you weren't quite so boisterous as you do that to us now... Kapiche?

Well, most of their guys posting here are usually pretty darn decent, and a little bit of rivalry isn't a bad thing I don't think... but some guys, sometimes... Ya, it gets to feel like "enough".

When I posted that I'd just read another that looked like a post from the dog a few years back.... I shoulda shut up... but what the hell. I don't reckon the good guys'll hold it against me. :D

Guest Mac74

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one am tired of hearing nothing unless it involves Air Canada. C'mon guys, you're not the only ones in this industry, and believe me most of the time your comments are more than just a little off center!

Guest M. McRae

I see this is your first post. I agree that this forum can be seen as a one note tune from time to time but you and other posters have direct control over that by posting items on other subjects/airlines. Go for it! :) Malcolm

Guest Mac74

I have been following the site for quite some time, but never bothered to make any posts. I meant no offence to anyone, but you hit the nail on the head - it can seem very one sided from time to time. Maybe newbees like myself can add a little spice.

Cheers :-)

Guest M. McRae

No offence taken by me, new blood, new topics = stronger forum...... Perhaps we will even see the end of posts titled "lowering the bar" . (H)Cheers Malcolm

Mitch:

Your wasting your time.....this is what they call learned behaviour, and they have learned right from the top.

Look at what Clive had to say while in YEG, this was about job applications and the guys in YYC getting laid off.

"I have no doubt they are still losing a lot of money, and I have no doubt that reorganization is not going according to plan.

"They have a huge problem because they are market-share driven rather than driven by profitability. And time will tell how that plays out."

Look at it this way Mitch.....with the attitude of the Westjet boys it smacks of cultism, so no matter what Clive Jones has to say Don't drink the koolade!

"I have no doubt they are still losing a lot of money, and I have no doubt that reorganization is not going according to plan."

"They have a huge problem because they are market-share driven rather than driven by profitability. And time will tell how that plays out."

Do you have anything to provide that states otherwise, Frosty? And please, don't take my question out of context.

"I have no doubt they are still losing a lot of money, and I have no doubt that reorganization is not going according to plan."

Do you have anything to provide that states otherwise, Frosty? And please, don't take my question out of context. If the Q4 results ever do come out and it's positive news then congratulations.

Mitch, I agree sometimes emotions run a tad in the warm.

Frosty, I agree with C'EH, until AC actually releases it's fourth quarter everyone is rightfully free to express their opinions.

I also agree that it will be kudos if they stopped or slowed the bleeding.....

Man I agree with a lot today!! :D

Of course Air Canada is going to show a loss for last year. I don;t know how many times I have to tell people here, new lease rates and a good deal of labor savings aren't reflected in the results until AC exits CCAA, while all the CCAA-related severance costs are going to be piled into the 2003 and first quarter 2004 results.

Dagger, I think most everyone here appreciates that, but how long can a publicly traded company withhold a quarterly report be it in CCAA or not?

It will still be interesting reading regardless.

A rather eloquent point was made a few days ago to the effect of, at the end of the day we all have to feed our kids and pay the mortgage.

Nobody realistically should want to see AC fail.

I don't doubt that there is lots of interesting reading. I also have no reason to believe that the fact the numbers are not out yet is indicative of the performance of the company. From my understanding, there are a number of asset value writeoff issues that are being bounced back and forth and that is that. The loss will be predictably huge because it was after nine months and will be even bigger after 12.

OK Robert....I mean dagger!

Are you paid a retainer for your ongoing role of 'Captain Air Canada'?

AC can properly defend itself, and could start by filing the erstwhile missing financials. I am sure that RM and RP will have lots and lots of editorial comments about how nobody should read anything into the (poor) numbers.

Meanwhile, AA is able to reduce costs by 17% on a year-over-year outside of bankruptcy protection.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/040317/airlines_amr_3.html

I was a big fan of the dog.

I hope he is still here somewhere.

Think of the number of employees at WJ, then the number that read AEF, then the number that have registered with AEF and finally those that respond here. The views of the vocal minority are definately not the views of WestJetters you read here day to day.

I think that sometimes we can get caught up in the world we live in and need to look around a little bit.

I work for WJ and enjoy my work. I take no pleasure in the BS of the day to day AC employee. Especially today when ACTS made their announcement. We all know each other through the various contacts we have had through years and it keeps on reminding you that it is a very small world we live in.

There is poking fun and there is mean spirited taunting. Don't mix them up and don't think that the mean spiritted people speak for all of WJ.

Peace

Archived