Klyde TV

Guest Operation Bomberclad

I think maybe he just made my day....

He thinks "we're actually going to see some rational thinking coming out of Air Canada" as we emerge from bankruptcy protection.

Coming from our own, it's wishfull thinking.... coming from Clive, I'm starting to believe it.

Thanks Clive. :)

It sounded pretty realistic to me. There are some things AC does very well. I think the new owners will insist they concentrate on those things, leaving some opportunity for others like WestJet, Hawkair, Lab Air, PAL and yes, maybe even Jazz (although I suggest reading the reports on US Air RJ strategy, designed by the same folks now helping AC. Seems RJs are designed for route growth and feed. Some vehicles don't work as well in reverse).

Guest Nova Zemlya

Cut The Infantile Triumphalism, Puh-lease!!

By the way, Maverick- what's in a name, really? [Edited by Admin. Contents of posts we find which violate our posting guidelines will not be tolerated. Posting Guidelines can be found off our Home page.]

-------------------------------

Klyde the megalomaniac deserves criticism, especially for his mind-bending gold spinning business yarns. During his speech, in one fell swoop praises regional operations, but condemns Jazz. A very slight contradiction there.

I guess he must be one of the principal investors of preferred shares in Hawk Air and means to compete in the regional market. I get this by his mention of "turboprops." I wouldn't be surprised if Jazz begins to lose market share to them, as long as we are managed by the dead hand of the mothercorp. And this is probably their strategy to come.

But this may signal a change, though Klyde is still peddling his shrink-wrapped (dead meat) market psychology and his target is obviously Jazz. Never mind Jazz grew 7.8% over last year. Only a detail. Reaping growth like they have in the past in the low cost sector may not come as quickly and optimistically as they speculate. Never mind they have had to pull out of several markets and reduce on others because there is no money in it.

In the end, the small investor will get hurt by all this. How many municipalities pay through the nose to worship "-the magic formula-" and how much of provincial coffers and pension fund money goes into inflating this balloon?

(No offense to regional people gone over to WJ, I hope things are going well! Just demand a fair pay cheque up front and no stock options or retirement tin-pot schemes. You don't need your boss managing your money)

OB

Guest M. McRae

Do you have 2 ids on this forum? Just curious as you seem to be responding to a post to "Operation Bomberclad" in your identity as Nova Zemlya or are you just replying on behalf of OB???

Guest Nova Zemlya

Not that you could claim to read anything more than company news releases, Maverick.

For the record, my computer was down for a while and I just didn't bother changing the name in the various browsers I use depending on memory use/internetactivity.

So what?

Guest M. McRae

Does this mean that you have more than one identity on this forum and if so..... why??? Nothing in the rules of use that says you can not but I am curious re the reason?

Quote from Nova Z:

(No offense to regional people gone over to WJ, I hope things are going well! Just demand a fair pay cheque up front and no stock options or retirement tin-pot schemes. You don't need your boss managing your money)

Well ya know what I am quite happy with the way I am paid, it is really too bad that you are not frankly I don't care wheather you like the way I am paid. But since it is really none of your business and none of your concern why don't you just take your "fair" paycheque up front and I will take my 150% salary uplift in options and be happy.

As I have said many times before, you guys don't get it and that is great for us. Please keep on not getting it, the longer you don't get it the better for us.

Cheers

Actually Francis I can and do read quite a lot of stuff FYI. I find your style annoying and condescending, as do a lot of others as even you must plainly see. I found it very amusing that you answered your own post with your alter ego, gave me quite a chuckle actually! Perhaps if you asked a question or stated an opinion in plain english and not your normal psychobabble you might get a response. You will note no one actually commented on your post only your slip up with identities.

Cheers

Guest Nova Zemlya

Your posting is as monotonous as your monosyllabic style, and your presumptions over my use of various identities are as childish as your accusations. Do you type with two fingers, as well as follow the lines of a book with your finger?

What possible use could you have for accusing me of something "nefarious" over a bbs which is choked with aliases?

Get a grip over your inflated self-importance, one-horse-town!

:[

NZ

Guest Nova Zemlya

The Story Of The Handles Of Fran In Real Time

The general character of my postings changes over time, so I just assign a new handle.

The old handle is not erased, and this bbs is primitive so it does not allow you to unsubscribe from a handle.

Apparently, as I discovered (remembered-been reminded) these past couple of days, my previous handle has the same password as the new one, which I had set for simplicity of access.

The new "role"(Nova Zemlya) is aimed solely at pinpointing the misrepresentations that have been presented about the low cost sector, especially as it has been presented during the cost-cutting phase, hence "Nova, them lyars!" But it is also dedicated to the concept of being the last few survivors before being eaten by polar bears as the first European explorers were stranded during a winter on Novaya Zemlaya. Not unlike some regional F/A's, hey?

Operation Bomberclad was relatively short-lived, but served a useful purpose in providing an "action figure" type.

Don't Go There was self-explanatory, simply because we didn't go there or there were certain things that you just could not say, or people could not accept, so I said them.

I signed up for one I really wanted, Mr. Norris Changes Trains but forgot the password and I consider it lost. Due to changes of domicile and therefore e-mail address, that one got lost. Otherwise it would have been my handle in perpetuity.

"Mr. Norris Changes Trains" by Christopher Isherwood is an excellent book, and I recommend it to everyone curious to what happened in Berlin just as the Nazis were taking power, which is written in a style of dark comedy.

I could go on for hours about my handles, as there are some people who seem to be uniquely focussed on their number, but that is all of the information that I am willing to disclose for the moment.

As you can see, I am dedicated to providing this BBS with excellent content, and surly debates and a signature to boot. I am also totally fed up with stumping for unions, and wish to return to my former occupation on this BBS, which is a quickie newsfront and occasional links with a healthy dose of my own subjective rants and rumour spreading. On those subjects, you have my personal guarantee of quality.

As you can see, the Wetjest issue just won't go away, is ripe with content, and there is a robust retort from the other side. I have not failed in my mission today.

:[

NZ

"As you can see, I am dedicated to providing this BBS with excellent content, and surly debates and a signature to boot. I am also totally fed up with stumping for unions, and wish to return to my former occupation on this BBS, which is a quickie newsfront and occasional links with a healthy dose of my own subjective rants and rumour spreading. On those subjects, you have my personal guarantee of quality.

"

Good grief man, have you ever considered just shooting the breeze with folks?

Archived