What could possibly go wrong ?

What’s worse is two people in that cockpit were taking a video instead of focussing on safe completion of a challenging visual approach maneuver - right seat and jumpseat. I read elsewhere that the person in the jumpseat was a CAA inspector from Bhutan giving the Indonesian captain a competency check at Paro airport.

31 minutes ago, J.O. said:

What’s worse is two people in that cockpit were taking a video instead of focussing on safe completion of a challenging visual approach maneuver - right seat and jumpseat. I read elsewhere that the person in the jumpseat was a CAA inspector from Bhutan giving the Indonesian captain a competency check at Paro airport.

I would guess J.O a big R/S (reviewed standard) on that ride ?

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, A330PilotCanada said:

Good Afternoon All:

The following video by Druk Air A-319 landing on RWY 33 in Pharo Bhutan shows how it is supposed be done. In addition original video if you look at number 2 will show view from the ramp which is not pretty...

https://youtu.be/Kc-3GT8CbUo

That video was refreshing and is an example of how I expect most professional aircrew would handle it. It's also an excellent demonstration of the benefits of having the autothrust "SPEED" mode when hand flying, something the folks in Seattle / Chicago have largely banned on their fleet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, J.O. said:

That video was refreshing and is an example of how I expect most professional aircrew would handle it. It's also an excellent demonstration of the benefits of having the autothrust "SPEED" mode when hand flying, something the folks in Seattle / Chicago have largely banned on their fleet. 

Good Afternoon J.O. yes Speed mode was really helpful and I enjoyed it. Thank you for your comments