What a flyer

blues deville

Several years ago working in the hangar in YYZ.  One of the guys came into my office and said they had an Issue and I should come have a look.

There sitting on the windscreen wiper arm of a Dash 8 was a "Baby" Falcon.  He didnt look interested in getting out of the way for us and just perched there looking around.  Magnificent looking animal but none of us were going near those large Talons.

A Call to the Airport wildlife control people brought us the Falcon guys that look after the animals which are used for bird control.

We ended up with a lesson on the Birds.   Apparently this Baby was able to glide from its nest on the roof of the adjacent hangar but was unable to fly back up.  

Gorgeous animals for sure.  Birds of prey are way cool.

On 8/27/2019 at 7:33 AM, boestar said:

Several years ago working in the hangar in YYZ.  One of the guys came into my office and said they had an Issue and I should come have a look.

There sitting on the windscreen wiper arm of a Dash 8 was a "Baby" Falcon.  He didnt look interested in getting out of the way for us and just perched there looking around.  Magnificent looking animal but none of us were going near those large Talons.

A Call to the Airport wildlife control people brought us the Falcon guys that look after the animals which are used for bird control.

We ended up with a lesson on the Birds.   Apparently this Baby was able to glide from its nest on the roof of the adjacent hangar but was unable to fly back up.  

Gorgeous animals for sure.  Birds of prey are way cool.

Years ago landing on runway 23 at YYZ I noticed something out the left side window following us during the rollout. Flying about 20’ above the runway edge was an airport Falcon who I guess was “on duty” for us. As we exited he/she did a climbing left turn perhaps back to pick up the next plane. 

Archived