Monday Morning Heart Starter

Kip Powick

I love music, just about all genres, but RAP is certainly not one of my favorites. I would find it hard to get through a day without hearing music and top/pop/rock/blues and a bit of country are my favorites.

I am sure many of our readers have their reasons for the likes and dislikes of their favourite music...and that is good. How boring if we all liked the same music........among other things,:lol:

Back to RAP...and here is one of so few  that gets me going, especially in the morning..Here is PIT BULL. with real rhythm .........(me being an ex-rock drummer and a lover of Spanish).................. and the scenery is pretty nice too :rolleyes:... Crank up the volume

Okay I thnk its official Kip, your clutch is slipping. I can't get an ackward but funny image of an old man in a terrycloth housecoat grooving to the beat. 

This guy proves the theory that you can be butt ugly, and if you can carry a tune and "entertain" people, the women will fall at your feet.

Yes I'm jealous, LOL

12 hours ago, thinair said:

I can't get an ackward but funny image of an old man in a terrycloth housecoat grooving to the beat.

Desperate to get that image erased I thought the Video must be really old or the genre has matures - Not a single pretty girl with a tattoo.  Never understood the whole Bumper sticker on a Ferrari thing.

Obviously I'm not the target demographic but the problems I have with Rap (and lots of other modern music) is this - it's not really about the music or the lyrics or the voice performance - it's all about posing, random dance/body moves and style.  There are no musicians playing anywhere in this video and the one instrument Pitbull has (his voice) he isn't really using 'cause he's pretty much just speaking the lyrics.  The music is somewhat catchy but it sounds as if it was whipped up on a computer, I doubt there were any actual musical instrument played in the creation.  If you aren't going to give me a good musical performance or a good singing performance why would I watch - to see the pretty girls or watch you strut yourself around?  It's like the difference between a painting from Picasso and something that was created with Photoshop and an inkjet printer.

It's interesting how music always reminds you of a time or place. Kip's selection was playing everywhere in 2009 and I was based in AMS for most of that year. Great memories.

Pit Bull has made a good name for himself and his videos are easy to watch. As a matter of fact, here's one he did on Kip's boat over the winter. 

On 18/04/2017 at 2:08 AM, thinair said:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ackward but funny image of an old man in a terrycloth housecoat grooving to the beat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. 

Emmmmm.... no terrycloth, only silk...pure silk :lol: and as far as being old........you are only as old as you feel. and I'm just about hitting "50".....:rolleyes:

Blues...Great video with great rhythm...and "my" boat ??  If I gave all the fuel , (full tanks), my boat carries to the skipper of that ship.....he could probably move it about 1.7945  Kilometers:o :D

Kip, I was told that those boats get about ten feet per gallon - that means you hold about 588 gallons. Not too shabby.

Archived