Mark Community Read

John S.

As we all get familiar with the new board features I found one that some may like.

When you come back from a multi-day paring it would be good to know with a quick glance what threads have new postings and which don't. That is easy IF you have read every single thread on all the forums before you start your paring.

But who has time to click on every single thread in all the forums?

At the bottom left of this window you will see a "Mark Community Read" marker. Click on it and you will have the options of showing all the posts or threads as having been read.

Now only new threads and threads with new posts will be highlighted and easy to see.

You're welcome.

PS What fun stuff have you found?

When replying to a post you may find the tool bar at the top "greyed-out" which means you can not set up the posting with under-lines, emoticons, Bolding, etc.

To awaken that tool bar....click on the furthest left ICON which is entitled "Toggle Editing Tool".... PS...emoticons show up outside the bottom of your pending post.

You're welcome :biggrin1:

Kip: What happens if I make a spelling error is that the word is underlined with a thick dotted RED lundeline. (<-Did it show just how?)

I click on the word and options for a correct word are listed.

Also, I did not have to 'turn on' my tool bar as it was already active, but a good tip for those who click it off by mistake.

Also, seems to be a few more smilies than before - or is it just me? I like this little one: :Tantrum:(Shall we call it ACPA Pilot in February?) :stirthepot:

FOR ADMIN/MODERATORS......... Is this the fiinished "renewal" of the board?? The reason I ask is that reference is made to warning bars and changing skin colors etc but I don't see any icons etc to do many of the things referred to in the HELP section. Presently my pages are basically tones of grey/pale blue..is that what everyone is seeing or does it make a difference with different browsers...IE 8 vs IE 9 Firefox etc???

Archived