Yes.........I am bragging

Kip Powick

That is only her THIRD TIME on skates?!? Wow.

Looks like a natural. What side of the family did she get that talent from?

Hayley Wickenheiser, stand aside! Bragging rights well deserved :icon_pray:

Looks like she's having a good time too! That is a smart device to hold up the kids until they get their balance. Both of my kids went through the Can-Skate program when they were little but I don't recall having that training aid in our collection of stuff.

bd

That is only her THIRD TIME on skates?!? Wow.

Looks like a natural. What side of the family did she get that talent from?

Good question laugh.gif

Her Father had power skating lessons when he was a child and all I ever did was play hockey with this guy....and that's another story cool.gif

jean-beliveau-1.jpg

Wow KIp! I reckon She's a trooper just for letting all that gear be put on her!... that could be quite an ordeal with lots of littl'uns! :white:

I love that training aid she's using. Best method I've seen for learning.

That is truly amazing. My kid's first attempt at skating was when he was about that age. He was wearing those double bladed things that strap onto your boots. He took one step onto the ice, his skates flew out from under him, and he landed flat on his back. He then let out a plaintive wail: "Ooooooh noooooo, I can't skate". It was like a scene from a Charlie Brown cartoon.

That is truly amazing. My kid's first attempt at skating was when he was about that age. He was wearing those double bladed things that strap onto your boots. He took one step onto the ice, his skates flew out from under him, and he landed flat on his back. He then let out a plaintive wail: "Ooooooh noooooo, I can't skate". It was like a scene from a Charlie Brown cartoon.

Very impressive!!!!! She has very good form in her strides, most kids skate as if they are running, she is using side to side push, again, very impressive. Must have felt great watching her go. I get a constant blast watching my grand kids play, pure enjoyment!(well except when the older one start to beat the younger brother with his Tonka dump truck <_< )

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they are having fun.

I think that it is great that everyone (instructors included) are all wearing helmets. Wonder how much smarter we would have been if we had them when we first started skating. (I can still remember how hard that darn ice is.)

We had a snobigdeal snomaggedon here in YYZ yesterday, complete with closed schools. My brother phoned to ask if I could look after his kids (6 and 8). I agreed but was regretting the decision after a couple of hours. When computer games and YTV trump toboganning and skating then I'm at a loss.

Looking out the window at the falling snow I casually mentioned that a kid could make a few bucks shovelling snow today. "What do you mean?" says the nephew.

After a brief explanation and a nutricious lunch the kids were out the door at 11:30 am. The didn't come back in until 5:00 pm. I maintained a watchful eye at a distance of course and supplied hot choclate, bigger shovels and frostbite checks once or twice through the day. I kept expecting them to lose interest or poop out. They didn't. By the end of it all, their little work crew had grown to 6 kids, they'd impressed most of their neighbours, established leadership supremacy over the neighbourhood kids and they had and made themselves a cool $22.50 each.

(I decided against taking my 10% business management fee but did take some of the candy they bought)

We had a snobigdeal snomaggedon here in YYZ yesterday, complete with closed schools. My brother phoned to ask if I could look after his kids (6 and 8). I agreed but was regretting the decision after a couple of hours. When computer games and YTV trump toboganning and skating then I'm at a loss.

Looking out the window at the falling snow I casually mentioned that a kid could make a few bucks shovelling snow today. "What do you mean?" says the nephew.

After a brief explanation and a nutricious lunch the kids were out the door at 11:30 am. The didn't come back in until 5:00 pm. I maintained a watchful eye at a distance of course and supplied hot choclate, bigger shovels and frostbite checks once or twice through the day. I kept expecting them to lose interest or poop out. They didn't. By the end of it all, their little work crew had grown to 6 kids, they'd impressed most of their neighbours, established leadership supremacy over the neighbourhood kids and they had and made themselves a cool $22.50 each.

(I decided against taking my 10% business management fee but did take some of the candy they bought)

That's a great story :thumbup: which brought back memories of my own childhood and snow shovelling. Back in the days before egg management fees :Grin-Nod:

Archived