Some thing that WS and AC have not done.....yet

Kip Powick

Perhaps not to the same extent as TAP, but I seem to remember a YYZ gent who worked the ramp who was an excellent pianist. Around the Christmas travel period his shift changed from the ramp to performing in the terminal to considerable acclaim if I remember correctly.

Although this may not count in the same way but a well known poster in this forum was featured in a documentary on AC, a 320 flight if I remember correctly. Part of it was him tickling the ivories in some airport between flights, (if you can call Chopin Nocturnes "tickling the ivories" ).

Anybody here see it and know who I am talking about?

Not that many years ago, I went with my wife to LHR on a Xmas pairing. One of the other FA's was a vocalist.

At the hotel, she began to sing at our table. I think the management's first move in our direction was to quieten us down but after a minute or so, they asked her to move up the stairs so everyone could hear.

She did two songs and received an incredible ovation from the assembly and a bouquet of roses.

Great memory!

And the hotel provided a room for all of the crews with "nibbles" etc. I think it was Xmas 2000.

Although this may not count in the same way but a well known poster in this forum was featured in a documentary on AC, a 320 flight if I remember correctly. Part of it was him tickling the ivories in some airport between flights, (if you can call Chopin Nocturnes "tickling the ivories" ).

Anybody here see it and know who I am talking about?

When I posted this it had not occurred to me that there may be reluctance to take a guess for fear of outing someone. The gent in question posts under his own name so it is NOT Dagger. wink.gif

Gee, I dunno know Mitch. It was a while ago, probably back in celluloid film days laugh.gif

Just kidding, it was one of those TV documentary sort of things showing something like a day as a pilot from flight planning to going home. Not sure how to search for it but it was AC and the 320. Maybe if you could add in the name it might tighten a search.

When we still lived in suburbia, we lived across the street from Chuck's parents. One day I was doing some garden maintenance around the pool, and injured myself when my foot got caught between two rocks. Dave wasn't home, so I called around to the neighbours to see if anyone was around to take me to the hospital. Chuck ended up coming over - we'd never met before - carried me out of my house and drove me to the hospital.

If you see him, say hi from Jennifer.

I think he was featured one time on the CBC news - playing the piano in the terminal on his break. Great player!

Archived