This will make your day......

Kip Powick

I can see muslim domination in 4th world countries, but with the exception of a few wackos and alternative lifestyle folks I can't see it happening anywhere else.

It would be more likely, I think, to see a backlash against muslims like we saw in France last year.

I can see muslim domination in 4th world countries, but with the exception of a few wackos and alternative lifestyle folks I can't see it happening anywhere else.

It would be more likely, I think, to see a backlash against muslims like we saw in France last year.

Muslim immigration to North America is still well in the minority, and so long as Asian, European and Latin Americans make up the large majority of immigrants, the Muslim population will never reach the levels of influence where they can move society towards their point of view. It's a little more of an issue in a country like the Netherlands where some of their former colonies are majority muslim and that has caused a spike in Muslim numbers. Even immigrants from Turkey don't come with that kind of agenda.

The term for the actions of these folks is sedition.

Seems like Great Britain is reaping the fruits of the Empire. Long term pain for short term gain. Rather ironic that their best ally is the country that told them what they could do with their tea some 200 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rattler

Just try building a Christian or any other church in the Muslim Country of Saudia Arabia. Guess it has to be all give where that religion is concerned.

Switzerland’s relations with the Muslim world are under scrutiny after the Alpine nation voted to ban the building of new mosque minarets.

Commercial and diplomatic repercussions could follow yesterday’s surprise result of a nationwide referendum. The right-wing Swiss People’s Party, which put forward the proposal, is delighted that more than 57 percent of voters backed the ban. But not all Swiss citizens are celebrating today. “I was absolutely surprised because I thought that would never pass,” said one man in Geneva. “I was actually quite disgusted by the result. I think it is against the fundamental values of freedom of speech and I am actually kind of ashamed to be Swiss this morning.” another man added. “I am a bit sad,” said a woman. “I think that everyone should have the right to practice their own religion and Switzerland should be worth its reputation as a neutral country.” The Swiss government opposes the ban, saying it violates the constitution, but it has agreed to respect the people’s decision. As protests against the result took place, the Vatican and EU countries added their condemnation.

Copyright © 2009 euronews

tags: Islam, Religion, Switzerland

Archived