To all ye Irish... of body and spirit:

Guest rattler

Happy St. Patrick's day!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

http://www.st-patricks-day.com/

anybody who drank enough to see snakes can't be all bad. biggrin.gif

However isn't amazing how many folks in North America without any Irish or Celtic blood celebrate St Patrick's day? Some of the same folks have ancestors who put up signs in various public places that said entrance was denied to "Dogs and Irishmen". Perhaps a good example of how prejudices can disappear over time. Let's hope all such prejudices will share the same fate.

Up the Irish.

If you go round to some of the older churches in Scotland, Wales or England you'll see a good number of them have golden phones on the wall with a sign that says Speak to God - 10,000 Pounds.

If you you visit some of the churches in Ireland you'll see the same phones but the price is only 1 Euro.

Why the difference?

In Ireland it's a local call. biggrin.gif

The only problem is - it's not St. Patricks Day!!!

St. Patrick's day was cancelled this year because of Easter falling so early.

There's a boat load of folks with nasty hangovers this morning that wish you had told them that before! blink.gif

No, I am not one of them. Too old for that stuff any more. sad.gif

What a load of blarney! Like you could cancel St. Patricks day! Hah! Try cancelin' that French fella's day... what's 'is name... the Baptist... y'know... St. John, That's him! Try canceling St John the baptist day eh? Hah... laugh.gif

I don't think so... dry.gif

Try Canceling April first. ...or June 21.... or any flippin' day in July? Not a chance...

cancelled. puh! That's a lark. tongue.gif

That's right up there with trying to cancel your birthday 'cause you don't think you want to be another year older.... Cancelled indeed! ... in some politicians mind I suppose... I wonder if that politician wears a helmet when he rides his motorcycle? tongue.gif

Cancelled indeed! ... in some politicians mind I suppose... I wonder if that politician wears a helmet when he rides his motorcycle? tongue.gif

Sorry Mitch - can't blame this one on the Government.

It was the Catholic church that authored this tragedy. sad.gif

....sigh... rolleyes.gif

I'm tellin' ya the day came anyway! The church can try all it likes, but there's none there that can make a day not come! It came sir. March 17th. St Patricks day came, just as surely as the day before it, and the day after it - which is still today, thankfully... or are ye gonna tell me the church would have me believe today was yesterday? ...puttin' today really at tomorrow, since yesterday was supposed to be cancelled? blink.gif

..I repeat, cancelled indeed! puh! laugh.gif

Archived