HDTV Cables ..what did you pay ?

Kip Powick

CBC just did a TV doc on the required cable to use from your DVD to HD LCD TV.

Shopping at ;

Future Shop – 262.00

Best Buy – 110.00

On line 12.00 includes shipping.

All cables tested by the top engineer in CBC.

The result…all cables produced the identical picture !!

How much did you guys who bought the big HD TVs pay ?? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Canus....NO you dont. Simply a lower resolution. period.

I paid 14.99 at Princess auto for genuine Monster cables. I would never pay retail for them...WAY too over priced.

I have a rather complex setup in my house with some pretty nice equipment. The interconnect cables are all good quality but not rediculously expensive. I shop around and find bargains. I also tryu to keep signals digital as long as possible in the setup. Some people say analog is better fot transmission but analog requires bigger cables over long runs where a digital signal will not degrade over runs as long as 128 ft or longer.

Keep it digital.

Guest rattler

MarketPlace this morning was airing a program on Orthotics and HDTV Cables. They tested a $240.00 monster cable against one purchased online for $12.00. For the actual technical test they used the CBC tech expert and his set of instruments. They measured the input signal against the output and in both cases, the cables tested out as delivering the same (no degradation at all). So it would appear that cheap is not a bad way to go. The program airs several times today if you want to catch it.

Guest rattler
Are we going too fast for ya old fella..? .read the first post....

sorry ...in my posting I forgot to mention that the documentary was Marketplace!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thought the one I saw this morning was new but I guess just a repeat.

Shame on me rolleyes.gif

Archived