Why Jazz F/A's should vote no!

Guest Jazz1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mtc.

Are you so upset because you are only now realizing that the Teamsters are as crooked as they come.....

To reiterate most of the other posts, this was not a time for renegotiations, but the heiarchy of your union saw it as an opportunity to better there own spot on the totem pole.... To bad they don't consider the people that pay their salaries to be important enough, but alas ..........

Guest jzdude

Just as an FYI, if you vote this contract in do you realize that it is going to translate into more than $500 per month for the average working person(wage reduction, 2.25 per/hr, per diems, hotel grat, 1 week less of vacation 15 min less pay for check in's) plus a serious decrease in quality of life. If that is acceptable to you then go ahead and vote yes. It's not acceptable to myself and many other Jazz f/a's. You should compare the two contracts and see for yourself. Teamsters has failed us on this one, they were in negots since Feb and this is the best they could come up with. Perhaps Teamsters could give up their union enhancement fund. The company pays the union 10 cents for every hour that we work. Conflict of interest would you not say?

Signed With Jazz1 on this.

Guest Airmail

Do you realize that if you don't vote this contract in that you're talking a 100% reduction per month for the average working person?

jzdude,

Not that I want to wade in on this one but we did not give up a week of vacation. We only capped the earnings at 6% of gross. Translated you won't see any changes on your pay during your vacation and you won't see a "vacation" pay top up at the end of the year.

Kevin J

Guest Airmail

You really don't get it, do you?

Either all (as in 100%) of the agreements are ratified or none of them are ratified. So go ahead and vote it down and you're sinking yourself along with every single other AC, Jazz, Zip employee.

Guest Peanuts

cp fa,

Lets stay nice now ok ?

I was trained at both airlines and must say they are not much different.

AC has a lot less work on the airplane compared to Jazz, except for the RJ.

But none of this matters. We still all have to work in the same environment and with the same (happy :) ) folks !

"AC has a lot less work on the airplane compared to Jazz"

?? ? ??? ???? ?

I don't get out much, but I remember a ride or two on a fokker, and several rides in weed whackers, and in all cases, it appeared to me like the F/A had very little to do... Have I missed some heavy duty behind the scenes stuff?

Guest Sarah

jzdude:

We sit here today with the company operating under court protection, run by the trustees of an accounting firm, and you are worried about accepting an agreement that will affect your "quality of life"?

You want to vote down an agreement, at least partially because you think the Teamsters could have "done better" and that they are in a conflict of interest?

Yeah - vote no, that'll fix those bad Teamsters people.

Then you can start working on that "quality of life" thing, you'll have plenty of time.

Unfortunately, so will I.

Airmail they don't get it anymore than than the C3 flight attendants did at the end. They mistakenly thought it was an everyday collective bargaining situation instead of what it was, which was making concessions to save the airline. They didn't and it was the last straw. The airline folded. Everybody lost their job. And a lot of it had to do with misguided flight attendants and their misguided representation.

In black and white to their union representation : concede what you have to for now or every last one of you may be out of a job. Pretty hard to explain that one to the membership.

Some people never learn.

qb

Guest CJRT

Jazz1,

it would be unfortunate if you voted no. This process is not about negotiation as mentioned below. It is alos unfortunate that you have issues with your representation. I agree, this exercise was not about defensive posturing. It was about being cost effective and therefore saving your job. Vote no if you feel the need. But realize that your job is easy and relatively quick to hire and train. There are quite a few laid off Jazz, AC, C3, etc F/A's who are in a position to be hired.

Guest CJRT

Ok, before any F/A's jump on me... The job is not easy..it's just relatively easy and quick to train someone into the job. I know, I know..."no soup for me".

I think the majority of FA's at Jazz have a grip on the reality of the situation. It seems to me most of the responses given here show just that. Again with the training, its a type difference thats it. Type training is the only difference between any FA or pilot for that matter.

Guest jzdude

Sarah:

It sounds as if you are totally desperate to remain in the airline industry. Do you really think that the 12 mill that they are going to be getting from the backs of the Jazz F/A's is really going to save this company? If you really read the contract you would see that they(Teamsters) have their intersts in mind not ours. We understand that we have to give concessions, but their is a right way of getting them and a wrong way. Unfortunately it sounds like you are prepared to sit and take it.

The question was whether or not it takes less time to train a flight attendant at Jazz. I assume the comparison was being made to mainline flight attendants.

Last time I did ART, flight attendants were being trained on the CL65, DC9, B737, all passenger and cargo-combi, A319, A320, B767-200, B767-300, A330, A340, and B747-400, both cargo and all passenger configuration. Some of the additional topics on the wide body aircraft included cargo compartment firefighting equipment and procedures, and crew bunk evacuation procedures.

Unless I'm missing something, speaking strictly in terms of required training time, training for the mainline would be longer.

Guest V1V2Vgo

Back to the table and renegotiate? Yikes, the clock is ticking, and at 5 mil a day, your options are JOB, or NO JOB. Period.

Guest Sarah

jzdude:

"totally desperate to remain in the airline industry"

Yeah, me and about 37,000 other people!

Now, perhaps you have a job to go to should we go down, but many of us don't. If you do have a job to go to, perhaps you should consider going to it now.

Your comment about the 12 mill on the backs of JAZZ F/A's, really?! We are a very small part in a very big picture. Get with the program!

Like my mom always told us "if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Take care,

Sarah

Guest Virtual

If 12 million isn't enough...do you want to

give more? I'd be quite happy for you to

give my share! :) By the way, don't forget ....it all adds up. And, if you have an issue with your union, don't take it out on the company and its' employees who are trying to make things work. That's misplaced.

Guest givemeabreak

Yup, and Jazz1 and Jzdude are stupid. Bring back the "old school" where F/A's weren't called "dude". Talk to those old gals (see cpfa) and heed what they say.

Archived