You haven't lived until....

Mitch Cronin

Listen up folks.... you don't know nuthin 'til you've sat watching a fire with an Appletons in your right hand, a ragged old , runover by a lawnmower, soccer ball in your left hand, while spending the day pleading with your dog to have a dump!

I tell ya there's nothing like real life to prepare you for real life! blink.gif

Mitch,

I've done the first two many, many, I say again, many times. The third item.... possibly... but I don't remember....see first two items. The fourth item... I'm pretty sure I've never done but can certainly empathise none the less.

I spent the first 4 years of my life watched over by my Mom and a big black and tan shepherd named King. He kept me from wandering off into the bush, was a bit of a short term baby sitter, and my best friend.

Keep your chin up buddy.

Kev

Assuming that you didn't set the fire ... and the "Appletons" was a "Bowmore" I could understand running over a soccer ball with the mower ... damn they are big or the grass was really long biggrin.gif

Have stood (without the Bowmore) and encouraged the same activity many times but without the same urgent need.

Hope that all comes out OK! ... in the end.

It reminds me of my first born (daughter that is, not the pooch) when she was around 2 yrs old she had trouble with constipation. We gave her some special medication and encouraged her, bribed her and generally cheered for her to "lay the egg". The problem was, it was a painful experience so every time she felt "the urge" she would hold it in because of the painful memory, which just compounded the issue. When she finally "layed the egg" there was much rejoicing and fanfare! Dad celebrated with the Lemon Heart. thumbs_up.gif

Croc

Finally someone who really knows rum! In past posts I have tried to encourage Mitch to sample Lemon Hart. He remains loyal to Appletons - blechhh its like drinking rubbing alcohol.

A toast to the best rum - Lemon Hart skol!

I have this nagging feeling that this topic is not the sort of thing most folks here would choose to include on their what-I-want-to-read-on-the-AEF lists... huh.gif

But now that you mention it... He did manage to finaly squeeze something out late last night... not much, and not the offending object, but it's a start! ...and I think it's good news in that it means at least something is moving.

Now I get to spend another day watching with anticipation...

Ahh well, I know he'd do the same for me. smile.gifunsure.giflaugh.gif

Mitch,

If it has been that long since Griffon did the deed, i would suugest yopu go to Stephensons rent all now and get that bobcat to bury that king coil when it finally does arrive,FYI, if it has ben that long, you do not have to watch, Griff will let out a howl, I am sure! tongue.gif

I have this nagging feeling that this topic is not the sort of thing most folks here would choose to include on their what-I-want-to-read-on-the-AEF lists... huh.gif

:

Mitch ol' boy, I have a nagging feeling you are wrong. This appears to be a very popular topic among AEF folk...! biggrin.gif

ccairspace

Croc:

We went through the same experience with our youngest (if he find's out I've posted this here, he'll never speak to me again!). When relief finally came to pass wink.gif , we were wishing that Pampers had developed a "HIGH CAPACITY" diaper! Now there was a time when saying "Holy Naughty Word" was appropriate!

Guest Touchdown

Hey J.O.

In the same vien, when the eldest was a mere rug rat, he had the ability to open the fridge if not watched too carefully. Well one day he got into the fridge and ate an entire package of "raisins". Well it turns out the "raisins" were big ones, actually, more appropriately named prunes...so you can imagine the next step.

The funny part was we were going out to a friend's place out of town that evening when the event or should I say events occurred. We went through the entire diaper bag using all the fresh diapers up and had to borrow some from the friends we were visiting. It's quite amazing how much eminates from something so little !

Cheers Touchdown

Archived