Jetsgo review

Guest LoginName

Altech give your head a shake the fa is just out of high school and is just happy to be working as a fa and the csa at the frount counter telling jokes on the airport pa system is this yuk yuks or is it disneyland.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wizard, I like you am an FA. I believe all FAs in Canada must pass a course that meets or exceeds Transport Canada guidelines. I think to generalize that Jetsgo FAs are just out of high school and are just thankful for a job is redundant- aren't you glad for a job flying? If they are are inexperienced as you once were, they won't be for long. It is a young company don't be so quick to judge them inadaquate. We were all there once.

Hey CJ i'm not a FA and i'm not saying the Jetsgo FAs did not have the right training.What i said was the low cost airlines trade experience for $$$$$$ But when the inexperience turns to experience the FAs are going to want more $$$$$.

Guest Dash eight

Hey go to the cave yourself! Wizards got a point. jetsgo is like Zip their flight attendants are barely out of school and are inexperienced. I think that they should have at least one experienced in charge flight attendant.

God forbid what would happen in an emergency..?

Just last week we had a prob with the teeni bopper f/a on zip whereas she was so young that she couldnt physically close the 737 main door!

CJ, good point. The other two clowns are out to lunch. Always generalizing. I happen to know a few very mature, very experienced F/A's at Zip and most, if not all, F/A's at Jetsgo are fully bilingual with a post-secondary education (that's college or university, for the two clowns' benefit) who, obviously, meet or exceed TC requirements.

I hear you Pete, but there are a couple of posters here who do nothing but toss out bait for the purpose of spawning bs, and even I have my tolerance limitations on that kind of crap. And unfortunately the end result is that the waters in the well are starting to get more than a little murky.

I wonder if the medical profession has a forum somewhere where doctors and nurses get together and call each other "dumbo" from behind pseudonyms. It really is a sad commentary on the level of intellect and maturity of people who work in this industry that a free exchange of information can't take place without hidden agendas and personal insults.

Cheers, and hope all is well with you and yours in the expat world.

Guest leftbase

OK - my sensitivity training course is booked for next week. Until then, let me rephrase my post.

-Designating someone in charge, whether they're called the "Incharge", or are simply designated as such, is a Good Idea. Can we agree on that?

This is the statement I genuinely didn't understand, or agree with: "Jetsgo doesn't have an incharge on their flights so the "most senior FA" has to take charge which is stupid when you are dealing with serious things such as medical emergencies, mechanical emergencies etc."

Perhaps what you meant is that they do not have as strict a designation, and an emergency is not the best time to decide who's the boss. Now THAT, I would agree, is stupid. But is there really no one in charge in the back of a Jetsgo flight for the duration? I doubt that's the case.

And I promise to put more feel-good posts up to balance my "critical" ones.

;)

Guest Oneworld

Thats pretty much what I meant from that statement. I have been in emergency situations where some FAs were so lost that if someone didn't take charge of the situation it could have been much worse in the end.

I have also been in briefing rooms when crew sched fails to get an In charge for a flight and then the lowest in seniority is required to fill in because everyone else have rejected the upgrade and responsibility. This is why I don't like this type of upgrade.

Everyone is new at some point and its understandable but hopefully their is someone to take charge in the back.

Their are many instances where an in charge isn't necissary specially when they are non eventfull flights which is usually the norm.

Good luck to all FAs at Jetsgo and new ones will soon be in trainning again.

Are we talking about a Jetsgo review or TC requirements here.Because a few very experienced F/A'S at ZIP and Jetsgo does not make up for the 95% inexperienced F/A'S.Did you see experienced F/A'S on ZIP ? Because I have not seen any .

Wizard many of the FAs at Zip have come from Jazz Canada 3000 and Air Canada just to name a few. Jetsgo is a new airline, they have new FAs. I don't think any company is going to be able to hire all previously experienced FAs. Everyone who ever started for an airline was new at one time. At Canadian Regional the in charge FA was always the most senior FA, I never seen any issue with this in all my years. I think slagging new flight attendants for being new is really unfair. Again as long as they have passed their initial training they can preform the functions assigned to them. The part you see as a passenger is only a small portion of what is required of a FA. By the way, may I ask what your profession is?

Guest Dash eight

Altech,

your full of &%$@!. If there are any supposed senior or experienced F/A's for ZIP then they do not do any service into London as all the F/A's that come here are young guys and girls that were hired straight from highschool. This is TRUE as it was told to us by Zip operations manager and Steve Smith!!! The most senior flight attendant at ZIP started in September of 2002 so as far as your comments that Zip has senior flight attendants then you might want to check you facts and get them straight first before posting here...

Guest Dash eight

Hey Altech,

Your full of &%$@!. There are no senior F/A's at ZIP. The most senior Flight attendant was hired on at Zip in September 2002. All of the others are young guys and girls that were hired straight from high school and we were tols this by ZIP operations manager and Steve Smith.

So.. Maybe you can do some research and get your facts straight before you make comments..?

Guest Dash eight

Hey Altech,

Your full of &%$@!. There are no senior F/A's at ZIP. The most senior Flight attendant was hired on at Zip in September 2002. All of the others are young guys and girls that were hired straight from high school and we were tols this by ZIP operations manager and Steve Smith.

So.. Maybe you can do some research and get your facts straight before you make comments..?

Guest Dash eight

Hey Altech,

Your full of S***. There are no senior F/A's at ZIP. The most senior Flight attendant was hired on at Zip in September 2002. All of the others are young guys and girls that were hired straight from high school and we were told this by ZIP operations manager and Steve Smith.

So.. Maybe you can do some research and get your facts straight before you make comments or post on this site!

Guest Dash eight

Wolf..

No havn't seen them on Zip and this would be against the info that I posted above.. Does Westjet have any old hags then neither does Zip!

Hey Dash eight,

You're the one who's so misinformed and so blind that it isn't funny anymore. I stand by my earlier (and factual) post. I, personally, know several of the F/A's involved at Zip. So, there's no point talking to you anymore. As for Jetsgo, you're not qualified to comment on their operation.

Plenty of experienced FAs from Jazz are in fact at Zip. I know many of them personally. As well I have met some from Canada 3000 and Royal. The old hags comment is uncalled for, I think I may qualify as one after 14 years.

How about young and enthusiastic people thrilled with the opportunity to have a career. BTW some of those FA's from Jazz have as much as 10 years experience. We have laid off FA's with a start date of 93. If a flight attendant can't physically open the door, she wouldn't have passed training, although I've had a great deal of trouble closing the Dash 8 door on my own a time or three, as well as locking the F-28 door in the winter. Good thing it is only nessesary to OPEN the door in an emergency not close it. I was a new FA for about 3 weeks 14 years ago. It doesn't take long to become comfortable in your new enviornment, really give these people a break.

Guest Dash eight

If we get a FA through yxu that looks old enough to be out of school for several years then I will apologize. If there is nothing official to back up your comments then why not go back to the big top YOU clown!!

Archived