Jetsgo review

Guest LoginName

(((Did the reference to AC FAs as fossils rattle your cage sweetie?)))

The fact that you have the arrogance to post such ignorance is mind boggling.You don't even know the lady in question and I know she certainly doesn't need me running to her defense but you are away out of line here "dog doo". If you think I am in the minority concerning the context of your posts you are sadly mistaken and I might suggest you show a little grace and apologize for making that smart ass remark.

And that is my opinion.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LoginName

Actually "cp fa" I started this thread to highlight some of the more amusing situations that occur in our business. With the downturn in the business I think we all need a good laugh every now and then.

So..... I hereby apologize to all JetsGo employees for providing a link to a website that has an amusing experience/story about a day on the job.

Oh, and to answer your question I don't work for AC.

LoginName

Guest DeeSee3

Hello all , Too bad this has turned into a bunch of slagging... Have my own Jetsgo story to tell, please listen for clues about how we can all improve our futures !

I am a flight attendant with Air Canada Jazz. I have had reservations about the probable success fo Jetsgo (MD-80s?)...but my experience with this company has changed my thinking entirely!

I was in YUL for the fateful period when GTAA ran out of de-ice fluid... was travelling on a pass back to the west , my chances quickly went into the toilet. All part of getting a benefit , I think, so went the next best route, like most customers went online to find a cheap flight. Zip not into YUL at the time , Westjet either. Went to the Tango website , found it dificult to use , get a fare quote , it was slow and unfriendly... eventually gave up and ended up at the Jetsgo site... click, click , click , I was confirmed to YVR with a selected seat.

Arrived at the airport to no line-up and friendly , welcoming and open staff , who offered to change my seat for more legroom on the YYZ to YVR portion.

Naturally , all flights to and from YYZ were delayed, but at the departure gate , the agents regularly came out from behind the counter where they were making regularly updated announcements and speaking to the passengers with connections in YYZ , reassuring them , and confirming their connecting flight info. etc.

When we did depart , all pax were handed Jetsgo dollars to buy stuff on the flights.

Each flight was extremely smooth , from service presentation , to taxiing and flying. In YYZ , friendly , welcoming and open agents assisted passengers to their connecting flights and others to the baggage carousels...

Yes, you could tell that the F/As were a little inexperienced , but they never faltered in customer care or friendliness.

I was paricularly impressed with the way that business customers had little or no problem with no newspapers or magazines , and no-one ever once made a peep about having to pay a dollar for a can of coke , or a twoonie for a bagel with cream cheeze.

This was an excellent lesson for me in terms of how the market has changed so much over the years , and hopefully a lesson we can all benefit from !

I thought the story was pretty funny too - it sounded almost like a Dennis Miller rant.

Nothing wrong with having a little fun, as long as it's not mean-spirited, and I'm sure you didn't intend it that way. Unfortunately, there are a few here that aren't mature enough to handle anonymity, and can't resist turning a little good-natured fun into a slagfest.

Cheers, Jennifer

Guest Oneworld

This kind of stuff happens all the time in one form or another. In this case their is an extreme case of unexperienced FAs at the helm. Jetsgo doesn't have an incharge on their flights so the "most senior FA" has to take charge which is stupid when you are dealing with serious things such as medical emergencies, mechanical emergencies etc.

The guys and gals up front have nothing to do with inflight service and should only be judged on their abilities to operate the aircraft safely.

Hopefully these FAs will learn from their mistakes and become better at their jobs(if they still have jobs).

Guest leftbase

Seems to me a "most senior FA having to take charge" IS the incharge, albeit lacking a snappy title. Sorry, but I fail to see how the title confers any special experience on the position. Don't misunderstand, I'm sure the IC's at AC are very experienced (or at least have a lot of time in, such is seniority). But I'll bet a lot of the FA's are just as experienced.

I know AC loves to specialize/fragment their workforce and do everything by committee. But it's a bit patronizing to imply the FA's on Jetsgo can't deal with "serious things" because they have no "incharge"!

"In this case their is an extreme case of unexperienced FAs at the helm."

It's not that I want to be critical but, since you are:

"their" should be there, "unexperienced" should probably be inexperienced and F/A's are never "at the helm".

Guest Oneworld

I can't beleive how critical everyone is of each others postings but whatever.......it always seems to be the same people....

"the snappy title" also comes with trainning and also a higher pay rate but in order to hold those costs down, "the most senior FA has to take charge" even if they are reluctant to do so as some are. Not everyone strives for that position.

Their are many FAs that have just as much or even more experience than an in charge but don't have the desire to take on the resposibility that comes along with it.

Guest Terrier

Thanks for it - unfortunately it doesn't mean a thing to me. Like you say its just yours.

Go back to posting your running commentary on your vacations, travel, scubaiing - like we care.

Talk about an inflated opinion of yourself.

I posted the AC reviews to show how pointless pointing such things is. Go on the site and you will see there are endless varieties of them.

Only amusing I guess when they are not about AC, just as well everyone else is not so sensitive.

My shoulders are broad I can take the weight of your disapproval.

Why was I arrogant to post such ignorance when the original poster was not? I guess because the derogratory review of Jestgo had to be true but those about AC just fabrications. The ignorance is yours suba turd.

Guest Terrier

Not particularly. In fact I have no power at all, I'm just an occasional AC customer so I get treated like &%$@! quite a lot. No power as an AC customer. Take what you're given and be quiet.

After all we are lucky to be "served" by your fine cabine crew.

Guest Terrier

Wrote to him on April 26th in fact. No reply yet. I guess I have another 170 something days to go eh?

Guest Terrier

PS my next booked flight is on BA. I didn't take my business elswewhere anonymously either. My name is on my BRITISH AIRWAYS ticket.

I am looking forward to my flight.

So instead, you're going to get back at all those mean, indifferent AC employees by posting insult after insult, gloating when their company goes into CCAA, and all from behind the safe comfortable cloak of a name like Terrier or Outsider.

Does this help to fill up your need to feel superior?

You get what you pay for lowcost is low service or is that no service that is what the pax want but some times they forget that.That means in order for the low coast airline to be low cost it hires inexperience staff that get paid low wages and in the long run service suffers

Guest Virtual

Are you out on a day pass? Perhaps they are

re-introducing you back into society too quickly.

Archived