New AC TV Commercial

Kip Powick

Kip;

Tho' it may have been in more "tender" times a while back (during the Clone Wars..? ), do you recall the AC ad campaign, "You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello" ?...with the Beatles singing the song? I've always thought that AC had great advertising campaigns and themes but that was a good one. The topper however was probably the Wingwalker, biggrin.gif

Hi Don,

Yes, I do remember that AC add. it and talk about crazy times. I have XM radio coming through my computer and that exact Beatles song is now playing on Channel 54.....wow..how strange. ohmy.gif

re Wingwalker.....I agree, probably the least forgettable airline commercial in Canada's aviation industry...at least for OAC and OCP people. wink.gif

Kip:

XM Radio on your computer ???

How does that work?

XMPC®, (Receiver) is a small black box that receives over 200 channels of music, news weather and sports as well as traffic reports via satellite. All it uses in ones computer is the sound card. I took the very small antennae and routed it outside and put it on the roof but it work if you just point it out a window, (to the SW) The XMPCR is no longer available because some computer guru developed a program that could be connected to the system that would download all the music that was being played and XM was worried about litigation.

You can buy an XMPCR receiver on Ebay for upwards of $350.00USD whereas our original receiver costs $49.00USD. Some people are trying to make a quick buck I guess. Some of the channels are still available through Win Media player as XM has teamed up with MS but has stopped producing the actual PCR receivers. One has to have a US address to activate the XM system as it is not approved in Canada (yet). I have had mine for almost a year and as a previous owner we have “grandfather” rights to use the initial XMPCR for as long as we subscribe to the service. It costs me about $84.00US a year, through my son who lives in SLC. My other son in YKG also has it for his car and home stereo.

You can read all about it hereXM Radio

Me too Croc..I thought it was excellent.

As 1 employee, I think hiring Celine was a GREAT IDEA!

She has sold more cd's than any other woman..(not to me I'll admit)..great apeal worldwide...I personaly look at 'our' emergence from CCAA as a 'new start'..new colours, new song...profitability...future looks promising if the employee groups get on board after sacrificing soooo much...

Cheers GE

I finally saw the new AC TV ads and I was impressed. Very classy and a unique use of technology with the airplane windows. Well done AC!

I think that I read somewhere that the 'song' that Celine sings was actually written by someone at the ad agency.

The ad campaign created the song and got Celine Dion to sing it.

I knew that I had read it somewhere:

http://www.globeinvestor.com/servlet/Artic...1027/RTHEGOAT27

LA QUEEN Whatever you may think of the (ahem) vocal talents of Celine Dion, you can't argue about her brand recognition. To the mighty engine of those lungs, Air Canada has now hitched its comeback ad campaign, in which diva Dion delivers "You and I Were Meant to Fly," (hopefully not with WestJet, CanJet or Jetsgo). Celine, of course, does not write her own material -- so who composed the song? I am pleased to report that the lyric credit goes to Jacques Duval, CEO of Marketel, the Montreal agency that also developed the ads. Duval wrote the song last year; the notion of using it came up after the airline completed its restructuring. The music was written by my friend Aldo Nova, a Montreal musician.

I got part of it right:

Archived