Boeing Jet loses emergency slide

Delta Airlines 767-332ER makes emergency return to John F. Kennedy International Airport after losing its right-hand side emergency slide.

MailOnline US - news, sport, celebrity, science and health stories

Emergency slide FALLS OFF Boeing jet from JFK to LA as Delta flight is forced to turn around after just one hour - in latest crisis to hit aircraft maker

• Delta flight 520 forced to make an emergency landing at JFK on Friday morning
  • Right hand emergency slide fell of Boeing 767 jet an hour into its journey to LA 
  • Crew aboard the jet reported feeling a 'vibration' before the incident

By BETHAN SEXTON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:48 EDT, 26 April 2024 | UPDATED: 14:57 EDT, 26 April 2024

A Boeing plane has been forced to make an emergency landing in New York after an emergency slide fell off the aircraft.

The Los Angeles-bound Delta flight 520 was diverted back JFK Airport at around 8.30am.

The plane was an hour into its journey when the freak incident set off an emergency alarm.

Cops are still searching for the right wing inflatable slide, which may be in Jamaica Bay.

No injuries were reported aboard the Boeing 767, which was carrying 176 customers, two pilots and five flight attendants at the time.

A Boeing plane has been forced to make an emergency landing in New York after an emergency slide fell off the aircraft

Federal Aviation Administration Administrator records indicate that the plane is 33 years old.

The terror began after crew heard a strange 'non-routine' noise near the right wing and noticed a flight deck indication related to the emergency exit slide.

'As nothing is more important than the safety of our customers and people, Delta flight crews enacted their extensive training and followed procedures to return to JFK,' a Delta spokesperson said.

'We appreciate their professionalism and our customers' patience for the delay in their travels.' 

The FAA confirmed it is now probing the incident.

'Delta Air Lines Flight 520 returned safely to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York around 8:35 a.m. local time on Friday, April 26, after the crew reported a vibration,' a spokesman said.

Of course there are many who will use this as an example of a Boeing problem but since the aircraft was delivered in 1991, it is of course either because of the aircraft age or the  maintenance

• Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 5:11 PM, conehead said:

Meh. Air Canada had one come off a 767 shortly after departure from YVR, years ago. That one went swimming as well. Equally as terrifying.

I was going to mention that one.  I am a little slow these days

5 hours ago, boestar said:

I was going to mention that one.  I am a little slow these days

You and I might have been working on the same crew in YYZ when that happened. 😊

Karma??  I would hate to be in Boeings PR department these days……

The emergency slide that fell off a Delta flight departing from JFK Airport on Friday was found two days later — washed up in front of the beachside house of a lawyer whose firm happens to be suing Boeing over safety issues, The Post has learned.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/29/business/missing-emergency-slide-that-fell-off-delta-flight-found-washed-up-in-front-of-house-of-lawyer-whose-firm-is-suing-boeing/

• Haha 2