2022 Terry Fox Run

Rich Pulman

Dear AEFers,

For the 14th year I will be running to raise funds in support of the Terry Fox Foundation and the research they do in search of a cure for cancer. This annual run continues Terry’s legacy and helps further his dream of finding a cure for cancer.

My family was directly impacted by cancer in the past year. Our beautiful dog Max was diagnosed with cancer in December 2021 and he passed away peacefully on December 31st. This year my run is dedicated to Max.

This year’s Terry Fox Run takes place on September 18th in many locations across Canada and throughout the world. I plan to run 10km in my town of Gravenhurst, Ontario. My fundraising goal this year is $5000.

I encourage you all to find a site where you too can participate in a walk/run in support of this worthy cause. Alternatively, I would gladly accept your donation to sponsor my own run.

To make an online donation, my fundraising site can be reached at: Richard Pulman | Terry Fox Run 2022. If you would prefer to make an offline donation, please send me a message and we can sort out the details.

Thank you for considering this worthy cause.

Richard

Maxwell.thumb.jpg.838baf3e40881ba61c2eff32bd59ef55.jpg

P.S. If the link doesn't work for you, please cut & paste https://run.terryfox.ca/page/richard into your browser instead.

On 9/1/2022 at 4:06 PM, Falken said:

Hi Rick,

Do I just fill out the form and then get a bill?

If you go to the website in my link and click on the “donate” button, you then fill in the boxes and make your donation using a credit card. A tax receipt will be sent directly to you shortly thereafter. If you prefer to make an offline donation instead, please let me know and we can sort something out that way.

Thanks for all the kind words and the donations. We’re getting close to the run date. I’m still a bit short of this year’s fundraising goal, so additional sponsors are most welcome. The forecast here is for rain all day Sunday, but if Terry could run in snow, sleet, and rain on only one good leg, I’ll suck it up and run in the rain on two. 🏃 

Please feel free to share this link on your social media sites if you wish. Thank you.

https://run.terryfox.ca/page/richard

• 3 weeks later...

Took the liberty of "copy and paste " a missive from Rich Pulman.......I know it is not relative to aviation but when someone in the industry goes out and puts personal  effort into a  worthwhile charity, annually,  he deserves the respect of those in the industry....

.Well done Rich !...😊

Dear Family and Friends,

My apologies for the delay in getting these results to you.

Thanks to all of you, it was another fantastic result this year. My goal was to raise $5000 for the Terry Fox Foundation and the final result was $5446 raised. THANK YOU ALL for your amazing support!

I did my part in completing the 10km run. My goal was to complete the run in 65 minutes and I managed to do it in a surprising 61 minutes. It’s the only 10km run I do in a year, so I’m never really sure how it will end up. I’m very pleased with that result as well. But I still hope to improve on it next year.

This was the 14th year I have been doing this run and asking people for their support. I sometimes wonder if I’ve overstayed my welcome, but then the donations start coming in and my concerns are mollified. Many of you have supported me for several years, while some drop out and others join in. I know that you will receive many requests for charitable donations throughout the year (I get them too!) and I am most grateful that you choose to support this amazing cause along with me. Your support really is heart-warming. Thank you once again.

With that said, another Terry Fox Run is in the books. I’ll be back to do it again next year and I hope you will join me again to support a true Canadian hero in his quest to rid the world of cancer. Meanwhile, I wish you all a fabulous year ahead. May you and your loved ones stay happy and healthy.

With warm regards and much gratitude,

Richard