The Sunday Snicker.....

Kip Powick

My father took the family to see Cosby at Place Des Arts in Montreal back in the late 60's. Everyone dressed up to see his show with all of us in our best clothes. He was certainly one of the funniest comedians. Hard to believe how he got himself where he is today.

I look at Cosby's situation in the same light as the troubles Tiger Woods had. Both are powerful and wealthy stars. Such celebrities are generally surrounded by "yes men" who wouldn't dare suggest they're crossing a line in their personal lives.

4 hours ago, seeker said:

Didn't you guys read Kip post?  Forget the controversy and just enjoy the laughs.

Thread title read and link viewed however I think a Cosby video no matter how funny may generate a little controversy on this or any other public forum. Would you forward this video link to anyone you know? Probably not. Perhaps a different selection in the future for a Sunday laugh? There's no shortage of other comedians to choose from. :) 

9 minutes ago, blues deville said:

Thread title read and link viewed however I think a Cosby video no matter how funny may generate a little controversy on this or any other public forum. Would you forward this video link to anyone one you know? Probably not. Perhaps a different selection in the future for a Sunday laugh? There's no shortage of other comedians to choose from. :) 

True, but we're smarter than the average around these parts so if it's possible anywhere to see a Cosby video without flipping out and ranting about it/him this would be the place.  Yes, there are lots of other comedians but this clip was really funny.

All right, here is my choice for the snicker of the day.  "We should have weighed the Y pax.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 12:40PM
CHICAGO (WLS) --
No one was injured after a Frontier Airlines plane tilted up while at a gate at O'Hare Airport Saturday.

The Frontier plane arrived at O'Hare shortly before 7 p.m. and came to a stop at a gate. As passengers exited, the nose of the plane tipped up.

A witness said that too much weight at the back of the plane caused the plane to tilt.

The Chicago Fire Department responded to the incident. No one was injured  http://abc7chicago.com/news/none-hurt-after-nose-of-frontier-airlines-plane-tilts-up-at-ohare-/1936543/

Can happen easily depending on the loading and then how it's unloaded. Did a walk around shortly after parking a 757 when I noticed the NLG oleo expanding. I yelled to the ground handlers to stop unloading and quickly ran back up to the jet way to halt deplanning of pax. Not sure if it was going to rotate but it was a frantic few minutes. 

22 minutes ago, blues deville said:

Now that's a whole other can of worms! :)

I don't play anything by Rolf Harris for the same reason, tarnished forever in my opinion

1 hour ago, blues deville said:

Thread title read and link viewed however I think a Cosby video no matter how funny may generate a little controversy on this or any other public forum. Would you forward this video link to anyone one you know? Probably not.  Perhaps a different selection in the future for a Sunday laugh?There's no shortage of other comedians to choose from. :) 

Mini rant follows......<_<

Would you forward this video link to anyone one you know? Probably not.

You have to be kidding....I have forwarded this link to just about everyone I personally know  and I  have not had one recipient come back and say "Because Cosby is ..........................you shouldn't be sending  any of his funny stuff to me."

It is plain unadulterated humour and no one knows if it was before, after, or during, his questionable actions.

Perhaps a different selection in the future for a Sunday laugh?

Whaaaaaat ?  There are no sexual innuendos, no vulgarity, no obscenities, just some really good humour and should you feel it should not be posted.....report the post to the Moderators,, or our hosts but please refrain from suggesting that I take more care in adding a lighter tone to this forum ....................unless you have a real legitimate complaint and do remember........see my name and very easily offended ?....don't read my posts..;) 

Thanks for the suggestions but as you can tell by the tone of this mini-rant.......they will be ignored.<_<

ScreenShot001.jpg.2d75438f8708d00f4de484e2b8047239.jpg

38 minutes ago, Kip Powick said:

Thanks for the suggestions but as you can tell by the tone of this mini-rant.......they will be ignored

As well as this thread. :) 

But continue to post whatever you like. However, I mentioned I have seen the man play live. Some nearly 45 years ago and it was funny. So were his TV shows. But to say "no one knows if it was before, after, or during, his questionable actions" would be incorrect. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_allegations

Archived