How Very Sad (OT)

I've seen them twice live and they didn't dissapoint. Watched Gord burn his cowboy boots on stage at Edgefest when it was at Molson Park. 

A brilliant, colourful lyricist and energetic live performer. Sad news indeed.

His legacy means as much to Canada as any artist of the last century. I admire the courage that allows him to go on one last tour. Those will be some emotional shows.

I got a breaking news alert about this, I said "who the hell is that?"

I am willing to bet 60% of Canadians had no idea who he was or indeed cared, but it used up 6 minutes of CTV's the National last night.

Sad for him I guess, but of little consequence to most of us. Oh, and a BMX legend, Dave Mirra has a brain disease, CTE, do we give him 6 minutes as well?

With all due respect.... I have a feeling that perhaps you are not well versed in the musical artists, (maybe just those East of the Rockies?) this country has produced. The "Hip" is/was one of the most iconic bands to ever be born and  established in Canada. 

I would hazard a guess that your data, (60%), may be valid in certain areas of BC but I would guess it is not accurate throughout the rest of Canada and I  would hope that his future 'passing' is more than "of little consequence to most of us" .  

I think that instead of posting "who the hell is that"  you might have couched your 'mini-rant" into  something like............  " I don't know who he is or what band he plays in but based on the News Media he must be quite an important person in the Canadian Music World but unfortunately, being based out here on the "wet coast" I don;'t believe he got much 'ink' or .perhaps I was just not tuned into his type of music.":D

I'm just sayin'.....

^^Don't worry Kip, it wasn't just him that put the burr under my saddle, when CTV news ran 15 minutes on the National of Celene Dion's husbands funeral, that put me over the edge as well. A 30 second spot, that would be OK.

Entertainers and their lives don't interest me much and if you need that kind of news I think there are plenty of TMZ's and ET's to provide it for you.

Archived