United Airlines Fights Untied Website

Kip Powick

At my airline, they have 'park crews'. All they do is get the aircraft on the gate to get the brakes set. They run from flight to flight doing this.

I was not aware of this procedure. I was under the impression that one crew brought the flight onto the gate and unloaded it as well. Is the procedure you describe SOP now? (I think you and I share the same airline. :) )

I was not aware of this procedure. I was under the impression that one crew brought the flight onto the gate and unloaded it as well. Is the procedure you describe SOP now? (I think you and I share the same airline. :) )

Yup!

Get the brakes set and stop the meter. Been a bid in YYZ for a while. Experienced it personally twice last summer. Listening to the fare paying pax just made me have that much more respect for the manpower planners and einsteins who thought that up. Heck, saves money, doesn't it :Nodding:

The LAST time I flew UA we rejected takeoff 3 times before the crew finally applied an MEL to the takeoff warning system and we continued on our merry way. Never flew them again after that.

Yup!

Get the brakes set and stop the meter. Been a bid in YYZ for a while. Experienced it personally twice last summer. Listening to the fare paying pax just made me have that much more respect for the manpower planners and einsteins who thought that up. Heck, saves money, doesn't it :Nodding:

I suppose it would work if you had sufficient manpower, properly planned. I wonder if our new COO is aware of this?

• 2 weeks later...

You better hope it's not one of their regional jets (Canadair) I mostly pay full fare when travelling and have recently used AC, Westjet and UAL. Both Canadian Carriers are head and shoulders over UAL (and most other US Airlines)

No argument there and it was an A320 each way. Mrs. Deville actually had a non-event trip on this code share flight. What I did not know when making her booking online, was no seat selection or baggage option for this AC code share. Not a big deal but I do like being able to select the seat and make the baggage payment if required. She arrived quite early at YYZ's T1 and her aisle seat has already been selected by UAL. She said most of the center seats were empty after boarding was complete so lots of elbow room. The UA Airbus had the older overhead drop down displays which played tv sitcoms during the flight. The airplane interior was clean and in good condition. Cabin crew was friendly during the short 1 hour flight to ORD.

The return flight was an assigned middle seat but again she was early enough to request an aisle seat that had extra leg room one row away from the exit row. Again, a good flight, friendly senior crew.

So fortunately this UAL trip went well, however, we will continue to book the best available flights and buy Canadian where possible.

Strange re the lack of seat selection etc. I flew back from FLL recently on UAL and at the time of booking I was given seat selection. When I checked in online, I also had the option of paying for my bag in advance. Perhaps this service is dependant upon the fare bucket selected, mine was for Economy Plus. Cheers

Apparently AC did not have access to the seating plan on this code share flight (AC5141 operated by United Air Lines). At least that's what the website displayed when I tried to click on "select your seat" option. The fare was Tango Plus. I was surprised since they are Star Alliance partners.

Archived