Jet Blue

blues deville

$27,500 per passenger if it is determined that something could have been done earlier to rectify the situation. Thats gotts hurt.

He could have just popped the slide and get everyone to walk to the terminal.

$27,500 per passenger if it is determined that something could have been done earlier to rectify the situation. Thats gotts hurt.

Snow storms and Jet Blue seem to be a bad mix. If you're going to divert an aircraft, better ensure you can land, park AND deplane your passengers at the alternate airport.

My thoughts exactly were to drop the slides.... dramatic call ... thats for sure given the snowy conditions... would more people have been hurt .. who knows... but man that would have been a really interesting meeting in the chief pilots office.

Apparently there were gates available at Bradley Int'l but JetBlue doesn't have a contract to use them. The request was made and gate space was offered but some "manager" refused to pay the fee for the gate. If this is true, someone needs to be reassigned.

‘Bradley’ is often the alternate airport of choice when the weather whacks the eastern seaboard. The cost issue with the gates always did come up in this scenario and apparently, still does? If the Jet-Blue aircraft had internal stairs, the pilot would have a number of options other than gating available to him?

Anyway, my question; why is the passenger, under fear of death by Big-Brother, forced to accept a loss of freedom and all the other crap the airline can throw his way in such a circumstance, but when the consequent fine is levied, the government will take the cash?

If I was a passenger in this case, I wouldn’t be ready to accept any airline bs free-be in exchange for the harassment they levied at me. Instead, I think I would prefer the cash go directly to me, the screwed-over passenger versus that non-appreciative and largely ineffectual sewer called government!

Archived