Things that make you say, "Hmmmm"

Kip Powick

1]

......There is a drug commercial that is running quite often on our cable network...................you have probably seen it. It is an antidepressant call PRISTIQ and the commercial normally has this "down-in-the-mouth" lady winding up a toy doll of herself and watching it wander across the table. The rest of the commercial describes all the side effects including feeling of suicide,death etc etc.....................( scary).

Now I am not making light of the illness called depression and I think a drug that can help would be excellent for those that suffer from this disease but the list of adverse side effects consumes, probably 20-22 seconds of the 30 second commercial.

One phrase that caught my eye was this: (my underline)

PRISTIQ is thought to work by affecting the levels of two neurotransmitters believed to play a key role in depression, serotonin and norepinephrine......................

....so I did go to their website and ...there it was the same wording..... WOW..:blink: .imagine taking a drug that the distributor "thinks" will fight depression...yes it is approved by the US FDA but ...I dunno......I guess helping function outweighs the side effects ??? Personally, if I was perscribed that drug ................ I think knowing the side effects would make me even more depressed !!!

2]....

How would you verbalize this telephone number..........1-555-4603 ???

Is it........ One-Five-Five-Five -Four-Six-Zero-Three?...Or

Is it...... One-Five-Five-Five-Four-Six-Oh-Three???

Is the letter "O" now a number.....??

Yes, small idiosyncrasies of life do amuse me and seeing I have reached the end of the Internet................. I think I'll sign off for tonight..maybe:Grin-Nod:

Go ahead...add something that annoys/bothers you that others just seem to accept as the "norm".......please exclude me :biggrin1:

I think I speak for all us when I say the Trent canal system cannot open soon enough for our friend Kip.

Been there- done that !!:biggrin1:

Rideau Canal this year (will be the 5th time),...gonna be in OW and go "meet and greet" Kate and Bill !!!

Boat will be in the canal, normally opposite NDHQ and the bar is always open !!!:Victory:

Not that I'm a big fan of any form of advertising (if I want it, I'll go and buy it), but pharmaceutical ads have been completely hijacked by liability lawyers. I never hear one of those ads without thinking that the cure is worse than the disease. Except maybe for the "4 hour" side effect. wink_smile.gif

1-555-4603 ???

Is it........ One-Five-Five-Five -Four-Six-Zero-Three?...Or

Is it...... One-Five-Five-Five-Four-Six-Oh-Three???

One-Five-Five,....Five-Four,.....Six-Zero,........Three

is how I prefer it. But that's just me.

Archived