WJ lost bag policy too stingy?

dagger

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100330/WestJet_100320/20100330?hub=Canada

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/westjet-could-pay-more-for-lost-luggage-after-regulators-ruling/article1517694/

Travellers who lose their luggage on WestJet Airlines Ltd. (WJA-T13.66-0.04-0.29%) domestic flights will soon be able to exceed a $250 limit on their claims, after a preliminary decision by the Canadian Transportation Agency.

Gabor Lukacs, an assistant math professor at the University of Manitoba, complained to the regulator that WestJet's liability limit on bags was too low. Other carriers have higher domestic limits, including Air Canadamag-glass_10x10.gif at $1,500 and Porter Airlines Inc. at $1,000.

“The agency finds, on a preliminary basis, that WestJet's domestic limit of baggage liability of $250 is unreasonable,” the CTA said in a letter this week to Mr. Lukacs.

The CTA has given WestJet until April 18 to develop a response.

“The Agency finds that WestJet's stated statutory, commercial and operational obligations respecting a limit of baggage liability do not outweigh the interests of Mr. Lukacs and other consumers to be subject to reasonable terms and conditions of carriage,” the CTA said.

Gabor Lukacs, an assistant math professor at the University of Manitoba

It is nice to see that this guy does not discriminate when going after airlines.

He must have his own in-basket at the CTA.

Perhaps its the class of people that WS serves that makes 250.00 ok.

Without a smilie that is just plain rude.

Next time I see a guy with an Aeroplan Elite tag on his bag getting on my flight maybe I should ask him how he feels about slumming it with us plebs.

Perhaps its the class of people that WS serves that makes 250.00 ok.

Without a smilie that is just plain rude.

Next time I see a guy with an Aeroplan Elite tag on his bag getting on my flight maybe I should ask him how he feels about slumming it with us plebs.

Yep..that's right, Brainiac.

All 14 million + sector passengers WestJet flew in 2009 fell off the back of the turnip truck.

cool26.gif

WOW !!! Maybe time to put more sand in the box.......is this venomous attitude catching075.gif?? dunno..... but you can see a lot of it in the Jazz 757 thread.....

Sure nice to see who would be spouting off at who.... if you all used your real names....018.gif Take it from an old fella...it's just not worth the time/effort to be so chippy.tongue.gif

Archived