Down....the only way out

Kip Powick

This is a link sent in an email to me by another retired pilot and I feel it is really worthwhile to sit and spend approximately 10 minutes to listen to this story.

It is a true story and the video is a bit slow for the first 3- 4 minutes but when the pilot starts his to relate his experience, (in English)....well it is really enthralling...enjoy..

http://www.hmhfp.info/SG_09E.html

Wow! How come I'd never heard that tale before?! 1959! ....That's a fantastic story! I think it's safe to say, most people would consider staying in that thing below mountain top level, suicide. Absolutely incredible... I noticed he only said his prayer was answered, but not who answered it. biggrin.gif (or did I miss it?)

Sadly, I believe I know why I've never heard it before. ....But still, a story that good needs telling! So why on earth wouldn't that one spread among the aviation community, well enough that a hangar wrench who's been around airplanes for 30 years would've heard it? Are we that bigoted?

Thanks for that Kip. Wow! thumbs_up.gif

That's a facinating story.

Why were the Americans training the Chinese on a top-secret spy plane? They were fighting a war in Korea only a few years before this... ? icon_question.gif

The ROC or the Republic of China, aka Taiwan is different from the PRC or People's Republic of China (mainland communist China). This gentleman appeared to be Taiwanese and therefore a legitimate user of American resources at the time.

The pilot felt that he did not possess that much skill, but that it was after he began praying that everything fell into place allowing him to land safely. A "miracle", he said. I think he was probably a darned good pilot... smile.gif

Archived