How not to be noticed...at work

Kip Powick

Kinda reminds me of some of my days at Transport Canada watching the occasional co-worker appear about the same way, although they were usually gone each day after (sometimes before) the end of the work day at the office. tongue.gif

Kip;

Don't feel badly at all. AFAIK, Snopes has never been able to debunk the notion first broached in Men In Black - that the National Enquirer is really the most important paper on earth, (or at least in the United States which is practically all of earth, isn't it?), as it is the communications vehicle for "those among us". I know other newspapers that qualify even in Canada but that myth has been debunked and they have been proven as "serious" papers with "important" news for "us". Meanwhile, my keys go missing, I can't find my glasses and my wallet is never where I put it. Proof of beings abounds right in front of our eyes and has never been debunked. So there. Fortunately they haven't taken my car yet from where I parked it. I will let you know when "they" do.

It's not time to move over yet, Mitch, but stay awake...

Kip;

Don't feel badly at all.

Thanks for cheering me up Don...I think blink.gif

As far as all the "creation" stuff and are we really all here etc.etc. ...well one theory I subscribe to is that all of us are in someone's dream and when that individual wakes up...we'll all disappear. biggrin.gif

Life is so simple for me.....think of a funnel full of water and you are floating at the top. The end of the funnel is then opened and find yourself slowly rotating...that would be the formative years...and then as you increase in rotation speed and descend in the funnel...well that's your grown-up-married-kids..work life. When you hit the big 6-0...well, you begin to see the bright light at the bottom of the funnel and you know it is, without a doubt, going to get brighter as the speed of your "exit" seemingly increases. huh.gif

I'm trying to delay that last spin through the funnel but while I'm at it, I'm having one helluva good time laugh.gif

Mitch, laugh.gif

Well, according to Jacques Derrida, the language we use to "communicate our thoughts and feelings" is always and already "on the move" in the sense that there is nothing "underneath" language as the final "arbiter" of reality but only our languaging, interpreting reality. In other words, language does not reflect a "final" metaphysics towards which we refine our aim. Our expectation that "if only we dig deep enough, we'll get it,. . . the real McCoy" and we can "settle" questions on this metaphysical "truth", may not be grounded firmly at all in any metaphysics and instead rests upon our state of consciousness and awareness which is always and already the interpretive gesturing towards meaning. There is no "final" meaning, only interpretation.

But as long as I can find my car, this is all theoretical. Whatever that means biggrin.gif

Kip, re "I think blink.gif " - all in good fun. I've been caught with more "rumours" than I care to admit, but lemme tellya, the one in Men In Black didn't fool me a bit, nossireee.

Re "life" - what a gift! Out of the infinite ways of "not being", here we are, "being", for a brief flash! Maybe "not here" is the natural state after all? We are a trillion cells in one bag each of which are only blindly doing their thing (metabolizing) completely unaware of what their host is (or cares), yet the host is "aware" and can ask questions, a most profound act.

The mistake Aristotle made, reinforced by Descartes' Cogito, Leibniz and many others is assuming the dual nature of man - a corporeal being, and something called a "soul", (a phenomenon which seems curiously not to apply to any other living thing, in Christianity). Anyway, not wishing to launch another long thread. I know these views are as arguable as their opposite. It is one fine, spectacular, unique ride, just as you say. And I say again, your post on not flying past 60 was simply the best, for precisely these reasons. "More money"? ....for what? wink.gif You already have "the answer" to life, in my view.

Archived