Andre gets laid off

Kip Powick

And so are Unions!

Reminds me of Calgarys ramp operations.

- Lunch room full of ramp guys watching television.

- You have to kick them off the two supposed "Flight Planning" computers, "excuuuuse me - sorry to interrupt your internet surfing, do you mind if I use this PC to get a Flight Plan."

- There is buddy sleeping on the couch of the supposed Pilots room. We tried to put a lock on it, that lasted half a day.

All the while there are Jet Airplanes running, back of the gate, waiting to get Marshalled in.

Calgary just happens to be the station, that we are forced to be witness to. I suspect the entire system is in the same condition.

And so are Unions!

Reminds me of Calgarys ramp operations.

- Lunch room full of ramp guys watching television.

- You have to kick them off the two supposed "Flight Planning" computers, "excuuuuse me - sorry to interrupt your internet surfing, do you mind if I use this PC to get a Flight Plan."

- There is buddy sleeping on the couch of the supposed Pilots room. We tried to put a lock on it, that lasted half a day.

All the while there are Jet Airplanes running, back of the gate, waiting to get Marshalled in.

Calgary just happens to be the station, that we are forced to be witness to. I suspect the entire system is in the same condition.

BS.

No, I'm not sure, because I'm not there, but it seems..... I dunno, unreasonable to me. Why would anyone allow these things to take place? Is there no Management there? Is there no accountability? And if these things are taking place, why doesn't someone go in and kick some ass? I sure as hell wouldn't let my company operate that way! ph34r.gif

Sorry Conehead, I wish it was BS. We see this on a daily basis, it is tough to watch!

There IS NO management or supervision, it operates like a Kindergarten classroom with foul language.

With ZERO accountability.

The "tail wags the dog" and these guys seem to get away with it.

Sorry Conehead, I wish it was BS.  We see this on a daily basis, it is tough to watch!

There IS NO management or supervision, it operates like a Kindergarten classroom with foul language.

With ZERO accountability.

The "tail wags the dog" and these guys seem to get away with it.

This could start a whole 'nother thread about management again. ohmy.gif

Is it really labour's fault? Or just the fact that there is no managerial expertise to stop it?

I'd pick door #2 Monte tongue.gif

Iceman

So in effect what you are saying is the employees who are carrying on this way just aren't capable of behaving properly without constant intevention from management. That's pretty sad, IMHO.

Then the employees complain about "Micromanagement" and that management in always in their face. there needs to be a way to strike a compromise. Employees are expected to act in a responsible manner and the management is supposed to support them in their role. its pretty simple except that BOTH sides fail miserably

Then the employees complain about "Micromanagement"

Not so much 'micromanagement', more like 'lack of management'.

Hard to run an airline with management who is off the street with no aviation experience, or, becomes management after only 6 months with the company. Then they aren't trained or supported.

And you wonder why the inmates are running the asylum blink.gif

Iceman

Not so much 'micromanagement', more like 'lack of management'.

Hard to run an airline with management who is off the street with no aviation experience, or, becomes management after only 6 months with the company.  Then they aren't trained or supported. 

And you wonder why the inmates are running the asylum blink.gif

Iceman

I have a friend who's neighbor works for a large legacy airline. He related to me a fascinating story.

I didn't catch the finer details of the arrangement, but basically, his neighbor has figured out a method where he can make a decent income by trading away shifts to go-getting lower paid employees and pocket the difference. He's a few years away from a pension and hasn't lifted a finger in months, if not longer.

If the goal is to get paid to do nothing, then any concessions that constitute real work is completely intolerable. You can imagine how toxic they'd be around people who like their jobs and want to make a difference.

I have no idea how management could run a business with this kind of nonsense is going on. I can't even imagine the brain damage in having to negotiate in good faith with people who have a vested interest in ensuring the free ride lasts forever.

Maybe Chrysler has this figured it out.

cool26.gif

A/C can take a look in the mirror, on this one.

They signed the Collective Agreement that allows workers to look (not to hard) for every excuse to NOT do their job.

We have Unions "hiding under the skirt of safety:"

...can't be outside for 'X' number of minutes, at '-X degrees.' Pushback Crew is busy watching their watch, they pack-up and abandon the Airplane as the clock strikes the EXACT minute.

It goes on and on...

We all know Alberta has been (..past tense) a special case. Every High School drop-out felt entitlement to 100K / year.

A/C can take a look in the mirror, on this one.

They signed the Collective Agreement that allows workers to look (not to hard) for every excuse to NOT do their job.

We have Unions "hiding under the skirt of safety:"

...can't be outside for 'X' number of minutes, at '-X degrees.' Pushback Crew is busy watching their watch, they pack-up and abandon the Airplane as the clock strikes the EXACT minute.

It goes on and on...

We all know Alberta has been (..past tense) a special case. Every High School drop-out felt entitlement to 100K / year.

Sounds like Yo-nited! ohmy.gif

Archived