Global Warming Redux

It would be pretty hard to monitor deep sea temperature change. As soon as you get below 200-300m, you end up with heavy water... of the 0 to 4 degree Celsius kind. Maybe they look for the depth of the thermocline?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
..... Why are they at the forefront of the news?

Controversy makes a good story for the media.

The "Scientists" get good grants from government and industry to prove a point either way.

Controversy makes a good story for the media.

The "Scientists" get good grants from government and industry to prove a point either way.

No kidding. Scientists can be like lawyers on opposite sides of an argument. Both claim to be 100% right. The truth usually lies somewhere in between.

The gulf stream carries warmer waters to the north and is primarily what regulates the temperatures of the ocean (atlantic anyhow) with the (supposed) cooling of the northatlantic waters it is (in theory) possible that the overall temperature of the ocean will drop dramatically which could alter the flow of the gulf stream. this would have an effect on the overall weather patterns. Bla Bla Bla...

As Far as I am concerned this has all happenned before without our input into the equation. how many times are we gonna hear that the sky is falling... Back in the 70s we were running out of oil???? Still got it. In the 80s the erth was cooling? Now getting warmer. There was the ever present hole in the ozone layer? Ok we may have had something to do with that one but we fixed it (sort of). The never ending list of natural disasters just continues and right along side we continue to thrive (survive wink.gif )

Is the earth getting warmer? hell I dunno but I do know that I have shoveled significantly more snow in the past 3 years then I have since I was a kid. It will get warmer. It will get colder and there is not a @#$ @$%$ thing we can do about it. Let spend out ime on some productive and positive.

/Rant

Don't forget Y2K and the billions that cost. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived