For Bell Canada subscribers

Kip Powick

For those of you who may not have checked your email lately. I would suggest you take the necessary precautions ...as indicated.

Good Day:

As you are probably aware, Bell Canada commenced upgrading all it's communication hardware, software, and infrastructure some five years ago to ensure the most up-to-date equipment and modern system for our valued customers. Central to this seven-year modernization program was the installation of fiber optics in place of copper wire throughout Canada.

As the information conveyed on these tiny filaments is beamed through the center of the optic "wire", it is absolutely essential that they be maintained in a pristine condition. Every five years, a system wide cleaning of these lines takes place and tomorrow, Sunday, has been selected as being the day in which minimal disruption will take place for our subscribers.

As the lines rely on air pressure to clear any foreign material from their center, it is possible (although unlikely) that some subscribers may experience dust emanating from the mouthpiece and earpiece. To counteract this remote possibility, we suggest placing a towel or a pillow case over the phone until the cleaning is complete. It should be noted that only the main telephone in the house need be covered; auxiliary phones need not be covered. All cleaning will be completed by 12:00 o'clock noon in each time zone.

On behalf of Bell Canada, I wish to thank you for assisting us to maintain our system. If you have further questions, please contact a Bell Canada representative using the toll free numbers in your telephone book.

Sincerely

Jean

Jean Hirondelle

Production Manager

Bell Canada Communications, Systems Integrity

Yo, Thanks Kip.

I've retained Bell for my primary phone number. The difference between basic service and The Others seems minimal for the aggravation of changing.

My long distance provider, sponsored by Costco is Primus. It's saved me about 80% considering my previous pattern. Of course, that is Costco Executive. And of course, I'm a Costco addict.

So sayeth my better half.

Amen.

And so April Fools begins biggrin.gif

Jeeez Buddy, do you shout out the punchline when someone's telling a joke too? Just because you figured it out doesn't mean you have to step on Kip's joke.

Heres not a joke. If your paying bell for high speed sympatico, check out the actual speed. More than a couple of people I know found they were actually getting high speed light, while being charged the higher rate. The lines to their home were not capable ,or they were too far from the central office to take advantage of true high speed. There are a number of speed checkers on line to help you verify you are getting what you are paying for.

Archived