He's B-a-c-k !

Kip Powick

Yeh, I’m back…..but just as a “lurker”. I will keep out of the controversial issues as it is very true…I am a non-player now. I have no regrets about my aviation career and in some cases may be envied by my peers. I got to do it all with the best in the Mil and the best in the Civ side. Airline flying was very enjoyable, certainly not the “yank and bank” of the Mil flying but when I joined the airline industry I felt that I had had enough of “gung ho” flying, and that it was time to have a better paying gentleman’s job…..and it was.

For the young’ns ….enjoy your time in the industry but don’t let the job, or the industry, rule your life…..and that’s what it’s all about…”life”. There is so much more to life than being an airline pilot, or for that matter, an employee in any trade in the airline industry. Enjoy your job, enjoy your family, enjoy your peers, but remember this old cliché……

“When you finally retire you will be missed for as long as it takes for the hole in the bucket of water to fill…. after you remove your hand.”

PS….. it was one of the greatest summers we have ever had and attached is just one memento of our summer adventure.

Regards,

Kip and Scuba 02.

Great to have you back! martini.gif

Were your ears burnin' Kip? Last evening I was thinking that your summer adventure should be winding down soon and we'd see you back here. Retired or not, you still have a role to play here, and your opinions are just as valid as they were before you hung up the flying suit. Don't let a few bitter individuals keep you from voicing your opinion. box.gif

Jeff

Hey Kip,

I'm thrilled to hear you are doing so well and enjoying life outside the flight deck. As a fellow absentee poster I can appreciate the lure to return to this place. I think I just did the same thing! biggrin.gif

I intend to stop in more often and it will be great to swap words with someone I have always admired so much. Welcome back!

Sherry

Hi Kip

It takes more than retirement to shut me up. Glad to hear that you had such a good summer. Nice thing about YYJ is that I can holiday where I live. biggrin.gif

Cheers

Greg

Edited as here is where I are, and here is what I do. (Except, according to my wife I should be here more and hear more. smile.gif )

Nice thing about YYJ is that I can holiday where I live. biggrin.gif

That reminds me.... I finally heard a good thing about living in YWG the other day:

No matter where you go for vacation it's better than being home, so any vacation is a good thing. laugh.gif

...on another note... I'm tempted to say hello to Sherry (or should I call her snowpeas? wink.gif ), but I won't believe she's really back here 'til I see her posting more... I do believe she's bluffed once or twice in the past. huh.gifbiggrin.gif

Yah,

I am one of the dreaded feds with TC.

Rookie,

Hope you are doing O.K. there in St. Norbert. I still really miss all our friends there. Super place to live (if it has to be Winnipeg). Around the corner from you are some superb folks willing to help out with all the homeowner stuff. All you gotta do is ask.

Mitch,

Sorry about leaving you out of the last post there.....

I can certainly understand a YWG guy not admitting to things being better in YYZ. I wouldn't admit it either. Mostly because he was right.

Anything East of the Mississippi just won't cut it for me....... tongue.gif

That reminds me.... I finally heard a good thing about living in YWG the other day:

No matter where you go for vacation it's better than being home, so any vacation is a good thing. laugh.gif

Anyone who says that has never "vacationed" in Thompson or Churchill!

Kip, I didn't get a chance to post earlier because the work schedule up here is back in full swing now that the summer's over, and in addition, one of our college grads has moved back in with us temporarily, so even when I do have some down time, the computer is inevitably occupied. But I had been thinking to myself just before you posted, the days are getting shorter, the nights are getting cooler, Kip must be coming back soon. Nice to see you back, and looking forward to hearing more about your summer vacation, not to mention reading your wonderfully woven tales about various AEFers.

SherryC, what a great surprise! I've been wondering what happened to you. Are you back at work yet? Hope that's all been resolved, and don't be a stranger!

Now, if only we could coax Neo out of hiding... wink.gif

one of our college grads has moved back in with us temporarily

Hello Jennifer,

Temporarily you say?

Sounds as finite as mañana.

Both of ours have moved out and back home - twice. One has since moved out permanently (as long as she and her husband continue present course).

Our other one returned for the second time quite a while ago, and may move out on his own -- mañana.

At least the plants get watered when my better half comes along with me. rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Henry

It's okay Henry, I'm not that easily fooled. laugh.gif

This particular occasion really is temporary - she has a job to go back to in December, so she's kept her own apartment down there, while she works at a resort up here.

Anyway, she wouldn't be interested in digging in here permanently - her real social life is 3 hours away, we're still on dialup, and she says I nag her too much. tongue.gif

Archived