Westjet transborder routes announced

CanadaEH

Guest Boeingsomewhere

It's actually Panama City , Panama. Did the first flight 2 weeks ago.....interesting place!!

cool26.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of wise cracks from what on the surface appears to be down trodden AC'ers. The reality is though, this spells more grief for AC on what is only the beginning of the challenges coming their way on first the US market, and then perhaps on other routes. Perfect timing for WJ though. AC to emerge from CCAA in Sept. and all of a sudden, their numbers will be put to the test by what appears to be competitive fares on some of AC's lucrative routes. Does the CCAA protection happen in 2005 again? whistling.gif

Yes, lots of wise cracks, it appears just the usual trolls that litter up every thread with jabs and nothing to add in. One learns to just skip certain handles, most AC'ers are not bitter and twisted....

As for the US expansion, I feel the real fight will be between SG and WJA as AC still takes a different traveler for the most part. The Business crowd cashing in on points with family, conections from overseas fill up a lot of AC.

I imagine the share price may stay down for some time yet with expensive oil and route building, might even get hammered again. We've p#ssed of the street once this year with not meeting expectations but the long term looks good to me, buy buy buy, WestJet stock is on sale.

One thing WestJet is good at is knowing when to quit if the money isn't there. biggrin.gif

Guest rattler

Since Westjet only uses ow fares, at least according to their web sites. I requested the lowest fares on the date in sept. for one person OW on Expedia. Wanted to compare apples to apples and also wanted to show what the average joe, who did not use a travel agent or who did not have access to wholesale rates would find if they wanted to book today. I also note that WJ has their fares avail for booking on their site (just a few mins ago).

To: Los Angeles (CA) - (LAX)

Flight Departs Arrives Aircraft Stops Fun Latitude Freedom Econo Executive

Class

AC741 12:20 14:30 319 0

$184 $219 $389 $553 - $553

AC765 17:30 19:40 319 0

AC201 06:30 06:57 320 YVR

AC770 08:30 11:21 319 0

AC213 11:00 11:27 321 YVR

AC746 13:00 15:51 319 0

- Sold Out $485 $553 - $553

AC6215 13:00 13:27 737 YVR

AC574 15:00 17:51 320 0

Since Westjet only uses ow fares, at least according to their web sites. I requested the lowest fares on the date in sept. for one person OW on Expedia. Wanted to compare apples to apples and also wanted to show what the average joe, who did not use a travel agent or who did not have access to wholesale rates would find if they wanted to book today. I also note that WJ has their fares avail for booking on their site (just a few mins ago).

Thanks for the comparisons. We've had a few calls for LAX on WS already.

cool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gifcool26.gif

You westjetters are hilarious.  You guys can say anything that you want about AC, and its employees, but the second anyone from AC says anything about Westjet...well look out.  Re-read the posts again,  I think that they were both said in jest, what thinks you?  Man, anyone would think that you were born with a Westjet tatoo on your arse.  When Clive goes for a dump, do you go wipe it for him?

someone to back up what i've been trying to say here for a while now. Anyways, congrats on the new routes....oh, and make sure you tell Hadrian about your new routes seeing as though he trys not to fly to the US via Canada because he will have to fly on AC. Im sure he will be happy he can now fly WJ and we will be more please to get rid of him.....PHHHHEWWW. I will sleep better knowing there is one less, you know what, that we might be faced with having to deal with smile.gif

Guest canucks

coke, dozerboy...

You guys have bigger problems than WJ...try the CAW!! Why not spend this energy or anger towards the people that are really trying to take your jobs sad.gif

HMMMM, I congratulated you guys on the new routes, but I guess I am the only one that see it as a big move for your little airline. I see that your stock is down 15 cents today on the news smile.gif Wonder what happened there.....maybe things are changing indeed....GOOOOO AC!!!!! laugh.gif

Guest Monkeyfish

As for Clive's continuous expansion, the market responded by knocking down WJ's shares by $1.09 - meanwhile the TSE is up.

Try WJA down 1.09% or $0.15. Only AC stock percentage is same as dollar value ohmy.gif

Monkeyfish

Hey Coke,

You guys can't even sort out whose job it is to push a wheelchair. How can you get on our case with that in your backyard. I will bet you that by the end of November that our stock will be up around the $18.00 mark. In my opinion you should buy now.

Hey Coke,

You guys can't even sort out whose job it is to push a wheelchair. How can you get on our case with that in your backyard. I will bet you that by the end of November that our stock will be up around the $18.00 mark. In my opinion you should buy now.

Maybe you should read the news instead of hearing it second hand. It is not a fact of not being able to decide who's job it is to push wheelchairs. I hope you can read the news and know what it is all about, if you can't i feel sorry for you. You don't have to agree with it, but you should at least know what you are talking about. You better hope the stock is up to 18 because if it doesn't preform,bobby doesn't get new shoes laugh.gif I would rather be paid well and not rely on tips or options, but that is just my preference. I am glad things are well for you over there, but to be quite honest, if the stock slips OR evens out and stops going up .....you guys will be in really big trouble...mark my words. You will be in our place sooner that you could imagine.

Guest Hadrian

Why would anyone want to go to Panama City, Panama. If I remember correctly all those countries are cesspools of narco-terrorists, guerillas and other assorted scum. Remember Manuel Noriega? The only thing useful there is the canal.

Coke,

Why is the wheelchair thing even a debate? Your company has many good people working for it but it is stuck with the unions who will sell out their own members at the first chance they get. I can't wait until the summer when our load factor and our profits shut you up! I hope A/C gets off the ground again and makes money. I hope your companies days of layoffs are over. Keep your unions working on real problems instead of this wheelchair garbage.

As far as the stock goes, I haven't read one post from any WestJetter who is worried about the stock price right now. At this time last year you read the same things from Bomberclad and what did our stock did do last year?

Why do wish WestJet so much bad luck? We employ many good people who work hard and earn an honest living. Why do you wish us such harm? You are a vindictive person and I guess misery loves company.

Chris

Coke,

Why is the wheelchair thing even a debate? Your company has many good people working for it but it is stuck with the unions who will sell out their own members at the first chance they get. I can't wait until the summer when our load factor and our profits shut you up! I hope A/C gets off the ground again and makes money. I hope your companies days of layoffs are over. Keep your unions working on real problems instead of this wheelchair garbage.

As far as the stock goes, I haven't read one post from any WestJetter who is worried about the stock price right now. At this time last year you read the same things from Bomberclad and what did our stock did do last year?

Why do wish WestJet so much bad luck? We employ many good people who work hard and earn an honest living. Why do you wish us such harm? You are a vindictive person and I guess misery loves company.

Chris

I don't wish you harm......I just think you are all arrogant and can't handle any bad press or people who disagree with you or dislike your product. Our stock is wallpaper right now, but thank god, it is not part of my wage. I would never get you to see this point right now, but you might understand one day, although I hope you never have to. Giving the wheelchairs to the GTAA is just the first step of contracting out etc. You have no idea what we have had to put up with from the company and all the dirty things they have done to us. We have given in the past and got screwed for it. We learned our lessson and have to hold what we have. I could never begin to make you understand to whole idea of it because it is not the way you guys think......presently, but who knows, maybe one day you will understand.

Guest canucks

I don't wish you harm......I just think you are all arrogant and can't handle any bad press or people who disagree with you or dislike your product.  Our stock is wallpaper right now, but thank god, it is not part of my wage.  I would never get you to see this point right now, but you might understand one day, although I hope you never have to.  Giving the wheelchairs to the GTAA is just the first step of contracting out etc.  We learned our lessson and have to hold what we have.  I could never begin to make you understand to whole idea of it because it is not the way you guys think......presently, but who knows, maybe one day you will understand.

You have no idea what we have had to put up with from the company and all the dirty things they have done to us. We have given in the past and got screwed for it.

Yes we do! Thats why I and others are telling you to focus on those problems. Unfortunately no matter what others say you seem you can only feel better if WJ suffers. Frankly...what does WJ have anything to do with being `screwed` by your own company... dry.gif

You have no idea what we have had to put up with from the company and all the dirty things they have done to us. We have given in the past and got screwed for it.

Yes we do! Thats why I and others are telling you to focus on those problems. Unfortunately no matter what others say you seem you can only feel better if WJ suffers. Frankly...what does WJ have anything to do with being `screwed` by your own company... dry.gif

I SAID IT ONCE AND WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME. I THINK YOUR ARROGANCE, IS MORE THAN IRRITATING AND YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL.....YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU WILL BE IN OUR POSITION TOMORROW. All you WJ'ers need a bit of humility. I wish you no harm.

Air Canada must be proud to call you an employee Coke!

good come back rolleyes.gif I am sure WJ is happy to have an employee like you as well. We have a reputation for being bitter, so its no big deal. You must be great to work with at WJ and all those jokes...LOL. the pot calling the kettle black!

Guys, I made a little joke towards Clive and the WJ crowd have gotten into some garbage about who is going to push wheel chairs. A little defensive are we? What are you Clive's own flesh and blood? I take as many digs at ol' Robbie Milton too. I think that it comes with the territory of being the head of an airline. A little sarcastic humour directed at the heads of our airlines does wonders for an employee caught up in a very volatile industry.

Now if you choose to take it personally, you must either be of his kin or you take your company too seriously. Have pride in your company, you have lots to be proud of...but most of the WJers on here take serious pleasure in watching AC squirm.

Hey Dozerboy,

I wasn't upset about your comments. Coke is always talking about the day we are in AC's boat. Make fun of Clive all you want.

Do you think I am happy that many friends I have at AC have lost their jobs? I wish your company would stop trying to kill all new comers and focus on making money. I think they are taking steps in the right direction and I wish them well. I don'thope that Coke and yourself loose their jobs. There is enough money in this industry to be made and hope all of us do well.

Guest WorkUnit

"Your company has many good people working for it but it is stuck with the unions who will sell out their own members at the first chance they get."

Yeah, agree with you there.....

"Why do wish WestJet so much bad luck?"

I've got a few friends who fly for you guys, most of us in this industry do, and I wouldn't wish any of them any harm at all. I think what most of us can't stand about WJ, (and of course most of us are smart enough not to want to tar everyone with the same brush), is the insufferably smug and arrogant attitude that seems to permeate every single aspect of your company, and the absolute delight you guys are reveling in over AC's current woes. It stinks.

I'll be one of the first ones to bash some aspects of AC... We are suffering an agonizing Crown (Royal) Corporation hangover, that I for one was hoping CCAA would give us an opportunity to recover from. Time will tell, I guess.... It's been a stressful time for all of us here, but the way you guys gloat about it -- well, I for one would love to see the shoe on the other foot someday. Just so that hopefully (possibly) we would have the chance to be the bigger man and not try to rub your noses in it so much.

"It's been a stressful time for all of us here, but the way you guys gloat about it -- well, I for one would love to see the shoe on the other foot someday"

Great!

So you would like to see half of us lose our jobs? Our stock to tank? I have never wished that on your employees. I have only wished to see the day that both Milton and Smith are out on the unemployment line. The only time I have ever gloated was when someone said that we were not doing well. YOu guys poke and prod us and take shot after shot after shot then get mad when we throw our success back in your face! You prove me point so well. Guys like you and coke make AC a pretty easy target.

There is enough money in this industry to be made and hope all of us do well.

This is plain stupid. Or is it plane stupid.

Westjet is buying aircraft like mad. Jetsgo is buying planes like mad. Canjet is adding planes like mad. Not everybody is going to survive, so it's no wonder recriminations abound. Westjet will not be the success it hopes - hell, it might not even make a profit some day - if other airlines don't go bust. So far, nobody has obliged. AC's trip into CCAA may be just a reprieve from the inevitable, or it might be a sign that the battle is going to get even more intense. Sure we'd like prosperity to reign for all in the airline industry, but that's Cloud Cuckoo land thinking. It's never going to happen. The day every airline stops adding planes and says "I'm happy with what I've got" is the day the industry will become profitable across the board. But since that isn't about to happen, don't act like it's the other guy's responsibility to be responsible and make all of the concessins and do all of the backpeddling. No one is being particularly responsible here.

Archived