Westjet transborder routes announced

CanadaEH

Guest canucks

I SAID IT ONCE AND WILL SAY IT ONE MORE TIME.    All you WJ'ers need a bit of humility.  I wish you no harm.

Coke...you have a real problem with the english language....where does in my post do I show my arrogance ohmy.gif

I THINK YOUR ARROGANCE, IS MORE THAN IRRITATING AND YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL.....YOU NEVER KNOW IF YOU WILL BE IN OUR POSITION TOMORROW.

Listen Coke I have gone through TWO bankruptsies in this industry and almost two years out of work...I know what position your company is in and I would not act like I was the only one facing the UI line if I were you. Many people on this forum have been there...you should put your focus on cleaning up your company...there`s a saying ''You are either part of the solution or you're part of the problem'' dry.gif

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Westjet is buying aircraft like mad. Jetsgo is buying planes like mad. Canjet is adding planes like mad.

Don't forget that Air Canada ordered 90 planes, HMY is expanding, and Zoom is adding two more aircraft. biggrin.gif

Sure we'd like prosperity to reign for all in the airline industry, but that's Cloud Cuckoo land thinking.

Bingo, but I think the point being made was that Westjet and Air Canada can co-exist and both make money as long as the focus is on PROFITABILITY. This summer should be good for all carriers, but the turning point in my opinion will be the winter months. How can the airlines best utilize their fleet in what is the slowest time of the year? Air Canada has Air Canada Vacations and an expanded South American schedule, Westjet has its transborder sun/leisure routes (which are by no means extensive, yet) and its charter program with Transat/Signature, and Jetsgo has... (who?).

Yields look to be quite healthy for the summer. I hope that trend continues.

Guest canucks

Guys, I made a little joke towards Clive and the WJ crowd have gotten into some garbage about who is going to push wheel chairs.  A little defensive are we?  What are you Clive's own flesh and blood?  I take as many digs at ol' Robbie Milton too.  I think that it comes with the territory of being the head of an airline.  A little sarcastic humour directed at the heads of our airlines does wonders for an employee caught up in a very volatile industry.

Now if you choose to take it personally, you must either be of his kin or you take your company too seriously.  Have pride in your company, you have lots to be proud of...but most of the WJers on here take serious pleasure in watching AC squirm.

Dozerboy...

I couldn't careless about the joke. I do find it amusing that YOU find WJ'ers take pleasure in watching AC squirm! I don't know where you get that feeling from but I can speak for myself and say I truly do not. In fact I find your situation to be a very frustrating one. I have great friends that work for AC and these guys work hard... and to see these guys potentially lose there jobs really bites, especially when I see AC ground handlers leave an a/c on the lead in line unnecessarily because it wasn't their flight or agents that are rude to their passengers. I see guys like COKE who spends all his time wishing that "WJ will one day be in AC position" and all I'm saying is spend that energy helping AC survive a long life. You guys at least had a year or more to fix whats wrong...my old company went down overnight! sad.gif

Guest wjacsa04

Finally, transborder! Back in February when we announced transborder service I don't remember San Francisco being one of the destinations... nonetheless a pleasent surprise! The introductory prices are great... doesn't surprise most flights are connections through YYC or YYZ! I haven't heard anything about who's doing our check-in and gates in US destinations... does anybody know if we will contract people or have our own WJ employees?

Hmmm where should I go first? huh.gif

Coke...you have a real problem with the english language....where does in my post do I show my arrogance ohmy.gif

I have said it before that english is not my first language, so get a life. Mabye you should check your own english laugh.gif "where does in my post do I show my arrogance laugh.gif Thats really good english ROFLOL laugh.gif

Guest WorkUnit
"It's been a stressful time for all of us here, but the way you guys gloat about it -- well, I for one would love to see the shoe on the other foot someday"

Great!

So you would like to see half of us lose our jobs? Our stock to tank? I have never wished that on your employees. I have only wished to see the day that both Milton and Smith are out on the unemployment line. The only time I have ever gloated was when someone said that we were not doing well. YOu guys poke and prod us and take shot after shot after shot then get mad when we throw our success back in your face! You prove me point so well. Guys like you and coke make AC a pretty easy target.

I never said anything about you guys being unemployed or anything; if you re-read my post I said we've all got friends there... I guess I expressed myself poorly.

But how many posts have there been on this forum to the effect of "Air Canada deserves to die?"

How many times has good 'ol benevolent Clive said to the media "Air Canada deserves to die"?

That's pretty hard to mis-interperet, and it gets kinda old after a while.

I never said I wished you guys were on the street, what I was implying was that I was hoping that if WJ ever does hit financial trouble that hopefully we, having "been there, done that" wouldn't be as eager as your group is to glory in it.

Ah, whatever.

I've got a few friends who fly for you guys, most of us in this industry do, and I wouldn't wish any of them any harm at all. I think what most of us can't stand about WJ, (and of course most of us are smart enough not to want to tar everyone with the same brush), is the insufferably smug and arrogant attitude that seems to permeate every single aspect of your company, and the absolute delight you guys are reveling in over AC's current woes. It stinks.

Please remember that the majority of WestJet employees don't strutt around with a smug and arrogant attitude, perhaps some employee groups more than others! I think that the attitude you speak of is a result of the competitive atmosphere we all work in. Most of us go to work, try hard, hope to make the customer happy and make some money. Bashing AirCanada, Jetsgo or their employees is certainly not a priority for most.

I'm a longtime WJ'er and I have to agree with some of the AC'ers on this board. Year in, year out we've been jabbing them on this forum while we've basked in glowing media coverage.

Finally we get a little bad press and many of us put on sour faces and cry when someone jabs back at us. So some AC'ers are pointing fingers at us, JUST AS WE HAVE DONE TO THEM MANY TIMES. So what? Let 'em have their day in the sun.

I say, suck it up. We're getting bad press; some of the Red Team bad eggs are hurling some of our own stuff back at us. Deal with it, fellow WJ'ers! If you believe in the company, you don't need to take their remarks personally. Relax and let the slings and arrows fall where they may. In the long term, we're GOOD TO GO. That's what really matters.

No airline in Canada is free of mud-slingers. This board has certainly proved that. Question is: are you one of them?

Cheers

T9

Thanks, T9. As much as I like working for AC, I very much admire WS as a company and am sometimes envious of the work environment it seems to have. All the same, it's difficult at times to stomach the sight of Clive's smug grin as he brags and as he constantly puts us down--particularly now that it has come to light that while he has been bragging and while he has been trashing us, his underlings may well have been indulging in industrial espionage against AC. Could the man not show a little class? AC's Directors seem to have come to understand that having Robert talk in the media has seldom done us any favours, and he now appears only rarely. The sight of Clive appearing to salivate at the thought of us going under (with the loss of 30,000+ jobs) doesn't always make the WSers who cheer him on here look all that great. WS's success while AC has struggled hasn't all been a result of Clive's genius, either--nor was it even a result of somebody's clever plan to hack into AC's computer system if that did happen. WS didn't have aircraft, crews or passengers stranded all over the world after 9/11, wasn't at all affected by the massive downturn in traffic in and out of YYZ, HKG or the rest of China after the SARS outbreak, wasn't touched by the blackouts that hit YYZ and the US northeast last year or by the fears of further acts of terrorism against western interests in Europe following the invasion of Iraq by that idiot from Texas. There's no doubt that AC has made some bad decisions, but it has also had a string of bad luck due to outside factors that WS hasn't had to deal with. It'd be nice to see that acknowledged once in a while.

Guest yvrnwa

this is sure getting funny..I love WS product but man you guys cannot take any sort of negative crticism about your airline..Relax its still a national pastime to bash AC so take it in stride and relax...All that matters is which airline is making money. So relax and let the AC employees have their turn cause we all know youve been bashing AC for the past 4 years

Its funny though people saying they dont wish AC any hardship and if only we can co exist and both make money blah blah blah...I call BullSh$t on that one!!! both airlines are in direct competition on all routes...the canadian skies arent that big and you won't be saying the same things in a couple months when AC exits protection..

Guest yvrnwa
WS didn't have aircraft, crews or passengers stranded all over the world after 9/11, wasn't at all affected by the massive downturn in traffic in and out of YYZ, HKG or the rest of China after the SARS outbreak, wasn't touched by the blackouts that hit YYZ and the US northeast last year or by the fears of further acts of terrorism against western interests in Europe following the invasion of Iraq by that idiot from Texas. There's no doubt that AC has made some bad decisions, but it has also had a string of bad luck due to outside factors that WS hasn't had to deal with. It'd be nice to see that acknowledged once in a while.

Ahh give me a friggin break man...Still trying to blaim everything on SARS and the blackouts...Give it a break...WJ wasnt affected by SARS??? Who you kidding every airline was affected sure AC a bit more but you were in trouble way before that...And the blackouts....Come on almost all other airlines in the US were running pretty good a couple days after...Nobody to blaim but yourself for the backup generators not working in YYZ....Man thats one thing that is annoying...when the AC employees start feeling sorry for themselves...Instead of blaming everything on outside factors look inside...and figure out how to make the airline better

Archived