Ex AirCanada 767's in Mojave and you can see Zip

wizard

Guest nordurland

Another observation is that of the 27 aircraft pictured, 14 of them are AC's (the 762's, the 732's and the DC9's). The two Zip 732's match the colours of GCPZ and GQCP, and if so, they were both cancelled on export to Nigeria on Dec. 10th.

I read last night inThe Leading Edge (its an AC maintenance news letter) that AC is considering leasing 2 Kenya Airways 767-300's and an Air Jamaica A340-300 plus more 767-300's. Any one know of any more sources of where they might get the new aircraft from?

2 67-300s from Kenya, 2 67-300s from EVA and 1 340-??? from AJ that's old news and subject to change.

alot of those goofy fockers parked in that scap yard.... Someone tell Michel Leblanc!!

Where do you think he got the last bunch tongue.gif (Fokker)

Interesting, I was just reading the latest issue of Air Transport world and they have a section on parked airliners. Of 283 F100's built there are presently 86 parked or almost 1/3!

There are presently 114 MD80's parked as well although this is less than 10% of total production. Probably a reasonable number as many would be approaching 20 years of age.

I also read an article in ATW a few months back on AA's decision to park the F100 and it was operating cost alone that did it.

No links available until next month.

Most of the MD-80's parked are older -81 and -82 models, they aren't worth a coat of paint, let alone heavy maintainence.

Most of the Fokkers parked are AMR and US Airways and fell victim to fleet rationalization and an airworthiness directive that just expediated their withdrawl.

There is nothing seriously wrong with them, for the time being as long as Stork and RR continue to support them.

AMR has been fairly sucessful remarketing theirs, with JetsGo, Helvetic and Austrian picking some up. Helvetic is a Swiss LCC, it isn't named after a font, its named after the old Helvetic Republic,

Some of the US Air Fokkers are headed to Alliance in Australia and Germania.

KLM and British Midland are apparently considering some more Fokkers and countless startups are proposing them.

There are a bunch of US Air MK.100's in YYC (either 5 or 7), in addition to the Platinum Jet Air ones, not too sure what their here for.

The Fokkers will find homes,

I read last night inThe Leading Edge (its an AC maintenance news letter) that AC is considering leasing 2 Kenya Airways 767-300's and an Air Jamaica A340-300 plus more 767-300's. Any one know of any more sources of where they might get the new aircraft from?

Current training plan shows no indication of that......and you need a big lead time.

Archived