Re-post for Lancaster types

Guest 40west

Posted 9th Sept

----------------------------------------------

No, it is not.

I could never proclaim outright pleasure in the suffering of others, and their families, as so many have done on this forum over the past year.

As I read the many posts that reveled in AC's financial trouble, and the up-beat talk of its demise. Seemingly mostly from WJ and Jazz posters. I would think of the stop of C3, and the many good people (Roy/C3/CJet) that were out of work. Friends of mine. Friends that had no part in creating the mess, but were plummeted into a terrifying situation.

Could I wish that upon another group of thousands of people? No. Not because I have some sort of moral superiority, just that I am not a piece of human excrement.

No need to sugar coat it. That's what these people are. Anyone who can sit behind their computer and laugh at others who are in danger of losing their jobs and the support that they give their families, is one of the lowest forms of life in our society. Unfortunately there seems to be a number of these characters here on this forum.

I have not read this forum for some time because, to be totally honest, some of the people/posts here have sickened me to the very core. They have made me feel ashamed to be part of the Canadian aviation industry. I don't say that lightly, or for dramatics. It is true.

It is sad to see that the past antics of the infamous WJ employee, "Danny Dog", have not made the lasting impression "how not to be a human being".

So if anyone disagrees (I don't care), or as is so often the case on this form, wants to post some "hate" at me, ask yourself this. As you write a post here on the AEF, or make loud statements at the bar, etc, etc, could you look that unknown employee in the face as his family stand beside him, and tell him you can't wait for him to lose his job? If you can, you are a piece of excrement, and there should be no pity for you. If you can't, you are most likely a decent human being, and have gotten far to carried away.

40west,

Hmmm, I just read your post and it left me wondering just how to rate it.

Should it be "quickly forget"?

Perhaps "rambling thoughts, needs to be re-read when not so tired" ?

No, I'm thinking more along the lines of "what IS 40's point here? And what drove him to make it?"

For example: It sounds like you feel some posters take "outright pleasure in the suffering of others, and their families".

Pretty harsh statement.

I'm wondering where those thoughts come from, what tinted (or is it tainted?) your life this past while.

For example: Are you a junior pilot that just got laid off?

Or perhaps you are the father of such a junior pilot?

Perhaps you are a 'feeder' or 'third tier' pilot who is facing layoff or job reductions.

Just what tweaked your beak enough to vent such a colourfully malodorous post?

On the plus side, I'm pleased to see you rate yourself well. "I am not a piece of human excrement."

This means, depending on your AEF history that you are:

(i) not an Original AC pilot,

(ii) not ex-CAIL

(iii) not a litigious ex-Air Ontario pilot,

(iv) not a Jazz pilot,

(v) not a WestJet booster,

(vi) not in the IAM

(vii) not a flight attendant, and finally

(viii) not a travel agent.

Hmmmm, who could you be?

Basically 'S...I think that 40W....and a lot of other folks, are just sick & tired of the petty nit-picking Bitchin & ill-will that a lot of AEF posters seem to take pride in displaying.

Seems to me that his message is........just get on with it & shut your cake hole.

IMHO

Basically 'S...I think that 40W....and a lot of other folks, are just sick & tired of the petty nit-picking Bitchin & ill-will that a some AEF posters seem to take pride in displaying.

Seems to me that his message is........just get on with it & shut your cake hole.

Rather appropriate wouldn't you think?

Basically 'S...I think that 40W....and a lot of other folks, are just sick & tired of the petty nit-picking Bitchin & ill-will that some AEF posters seem to take pride in displaying.

Rather appropriate wouldn't you think?

Guest leftbase

Who died and made him the arbiter of all that's fair and right on a flippin' internet forum?

Just wonderin'.

The post sounded just as pendantic the second time around. "Gee, taking pleasure at other's misfortune is wrong?! Who knew!"

Guest Operation Bomberclad

Well, I guess the voice of the most responsible group who is of the greatest benefit to society that has the most to complain about.

Having it mashed in your face by a members of a group that are more successful than you and somewhat less responsible can be quite humiliating. The most reponsible people on earth of the greatest benefit to society would never gloat over another's misfortunes, would they?

My point of view is that the people who make the worst of their situation, no matter how many priviledges they assign to themselves absolutely has to be the pile-its of any given airline. Just ask Mike Gatey about that.

Take ACPA as an example. They have to lay off another -oh, I would say a good 700 or more over the already announced pile-it layoffs. Yet the finger has been pointed at every other employee group about why the airline is in bankruptcy.

The irony of ACPA's situation is, due to their own incompetence more than anything else, ACPA's situation is extremely embarassing. They will not get rid of Jazz, nor Zip- so I guess all of the layoffs will happen at the mainline in the near term.

All we can do is sit on the sidelines and contemplate just how many times we have had to cushion their fall, so pardon us if we replace the mat with an anvil.

:[

OB

Aren't you the one who claimed to be "dedicated to providing quality posts"?

And here you are spouting a pile of verbal manure doing your best to revel in what you see as other peoples losses. I'm with 40west... I think those kind of thoughts come from the excrement heap.

"The irony of ACPA's situation is, due to their own incompetence more than anything else, ACPA's situation is extremely embarassing."

??? The irony of their situation is, due to their incompetence, their situation is embarrassing? Say what??

Anyway Fran, your hatred for AC pilots is doing you no good. Maybe you should find a hobby to take your mind off your troubles. You're sounding like an angry child. "pile-its" Good grief.

It' amazing that very few people at Jazz understand that if the AC mothercorp goes down so does Jazz, ZIP and all other divisions owned 100%.

Some of these may be able to reorganize quicker than AC but the pain would be great for all concerned and I have a hard time wishing ill to any other group.

Archived