Handles

This was discussed a long time ago but it may be fun to go through it again. Last time someone asked if mine was my employee number... no, but if they were all added together it would be pretty close.

13820 is the speed of an Allison D-13 turbine.

Tell us the basis for your handle! There was a thread below from Nova Zemlya, very interesting stuff.

I personally want to hear the story from "Marion Vanderlubbe Fire Bombing Society" (I did some research and there is such a group, I just can't find the connection to AEF), or perchance Danny Dog in his/her current form.

Maybe Dagger can start this off.

Guest bianchiboy

I ride bikes in my spare time. No, not motorcycles... bicycles... the ones you pedal. I ride most of my KM on road bikes, like you see in Le Tour de France, though I do have a mountain bike and enjoy that too.

ANYWAY, I'm a male (boy), and my road bike is made by Eduardo Bianchi (or rather, his company), who designed bikes for Fausto Coppi (someone please tell me you recognize the name! He could ride Lance Armstrong off L'Alpe D'Huez!).

Hence "BianchiBoy" (pronounced "beeyahn-key boy")

Sort of like how Bruschetta is pronounced "Bru-sket-ta" (a "ch" in Italian is a "k" sound)

Cheers (B)

Well, since I was an intimate part of the thread in question, I'll go second. Lime green, 1975, 2 door, transplanted 289 hi-po, 3.55-1 gears, best ET 13.96 at 101 mph on street tires.....ah those were the days! (h)

Guest flyersclub

as previously discussed, club of very ill repute in yqx ... many aviators collected there in the '70s, i did hear it's still in operation but no more live sex acts ... darn!!

Archived